Female friendly panel game Page 6

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 2 2009, 11:58 AM BST

Behind you.

Laughing out loud

Ah yes, the "Girlie Show." That was embarrassing, even for girls! But what is a "female-friendly" panel show anyway? And why are ordinary panel shows not female-friendly? I don't watch HIGNFY or MTW and wonder why there aren't more women panellists making jokes about handbags or whatever. Although I love handbags as much as the next woman, I also love chocolate, Millwall, Barbie dolls, quantum physics and astromony, and vampires. Who is going to make a panel show that appeals to me?

Quote: youngian @ September 1 2009, 12:21 PM BST

A good team would be Sue Perkins who is fast, the quick witted Sally Phillips and Ronnie Ancona who is extremely knowledgeable.

Sue Perkins is great on Just A Minute, the last episode she spoke for the whole minute without being challenged. Sally Phillips was funny when she was on 8 out of 10 Cats. It would be good to see Sally on more panel shows and Ronni Ancona has been on QI.

Josie Long I think would be good.

The whole concept is unecessary.
All panel shows are just as female friendly/unfriendly as they are male friendly/unfriendly.

Glad I've cleared that up for everyone. ;)

Radio panel shows tend to be more female friendly. TV panel shows do seem to be more laddish and boisterous.

Quote: zooo @ September 3 2009, 4:33 PM BST

The whole concept is unecessary.
All panel shows are just as female friendly/unfriendly as they are male friendly/unfriendly.

Glad I've cleared that up for everyone. ;)

Yes - but you're not a typical female are you.

Quote: Bad dog @ September 2 2009, 1:43 PM BST

If I had to think of something that women are into, how about celebrity? But surely that's been done already.

Celebrity Juice. Holly Willoughby and Fearne Cotton are the team captains.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 2 2009, 2:22 PM BST

P.S. Anyone remember the Girly Show? All female programming at it's finest.

With or without Tracy Jordan? :)

Quote: Aaron @ September 6 2009, 4:51 PM BST

With or without Tracy Jordan? :)

I can't remember, I only tuned in to see a bit of cock.

Who she?

Ah I think Aaron was alluding to the 30 Rock thing, the Girly Show, when I meant the Sarah Cox laddette abortion the Girlie Show.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I see. :)