QI DVD petition

I've started a web petition to get Series D and onwards of QI released.

For those who think that this is folly, I would like to point your attention towards another similar petition (which I based mine on) which for Series A of the show released (see news story on Chortle).

To sign my petition, click here.

I do think that this is folly, sorry Ian. Not because petitions don't have any effect, but because they're unlikely to stop releasing such a massive show as QI. Can't help but feel that you're jumping the gun a bit: it's only just a year since the previous release. Fans of many other programmes have had to wait 2 or 3 years between at times, if not more.

The only reason they would have decisively and permanently halted the releases is if there were shockingly low sales, in which case no petition will do anything: see BOAF, 2point4 Children etc.

Quote: Aaron @ August 30 2009, 8:31 PM BST

I do think that this is folly, sorry Ian. Not because petitions don't have any effect, but because they're unlikely to stop releasing such a massive show as QI. Can't help but feel that you're jumping the gun a bit: it's only just a year since the previous release. Fans of many other programmes have had to wait 2 or 3 years between at times, if not more.

The only reason they would have decisively and permanently halted the releases is if there were shockingly low sales, in which case no petition will do anything: see BOAF, 2point4 Children etc.

Well, only time will tell I guess.

I just feel that petitions get you no where.

Examples:
*Stop Blackpool Pleasure Beach introducing an entry fee. *Didn't work*
*Get Not Going Out recommissioned. *Hasn't worked yet*
*Get ChuckleVision released on DVD. *Nope*

I'm beginning to see a trend of sorts...

Luckily I've managed to get some help. I told QI about the petiton and they linked to it on their Twitter account (@qikipedia). As a result the number of people signing it has rocketed to 180 in less than a day!

I'm thinking about getting up a petition to have petitions banned.

Anyone interested in signing up ?

I'm not.. I've bored myself already.

;)

Well, it may have taken just under 10 months, but the petition has now reached 1,000 signatures. The 1,000th person to sign was The Museum of Curiosity co-producer and co-creator Richard Turner.