Big Banding Together Idea

Apologies if this idea has been raised before and I've missed it. I'm sure it probably has.

I wondered if any of the other people on here who write and produce comedy have thought about us all putting stuff together on a website? There could be treatments which people can read before clicking to go the full script or listen to audio and/or video excerpts (for radio and tv) for those who have managed to get some stuff performed.

We could also comment and critique like we do here. Each person would be responsible for uploading (via some sort of form, like the pictures in BSG)their current stuff and a suitable treatment. Producers could download whole scripts and would have contact details available for everyone on the site via our profiles.

I'm sure there's something like this already that I've stupidly missed, but sometimes you have to ask obvious questions I think...

I don't think anyone else has raised this idea on here. It's an interesting idea and, if done properly, could represent another good way to get your work out there. What do the rest of you think?

Well, like Scott T, who I suppose is a Brit like me, residing in 'another' country, where nobody speaks much English but nevertheless there's a lot of comedic content in what's going on around the place (!) ... I'll express my interest in any sort of collaborative effort that looks like it will be a goer. I've done it via email before, from here in Spain, with a group of UK friends. I thinks I can contribute some useful stuff. Let's see who else chirps up!!!

The Slagg Brothers are always up for more exposure. As the courts will testify.

Be intresting to get a think tank going, I'll chuck my chips in fella's, I'm sure I can bring something to the table if not I'll just make the tea

That's all good, thanks for the responses. I should point-out that I'm not some sort of web guru, but thought I'd see what everybody felt about it. I'll consider it a project for the New Year. If anyone has any ideas for how they'd like it to look or work, let me know. I'm all for a bit of simplicity and clarity in websites generally.

Aaron, I belive you ARE a noteworthy web guru, and wonder if you might be persuaded / paid to help, once the ideas are together?

This sounds like an excellent idea to me and I would be more than happy to be involved. I hope something comes together soon.

Scott, I remember that Kev F's yahoo group Sitcom Trials had a facilty for uploading scripts in Word format. Maybe we could set up a similar yahoo group? I've a feeling that it's not too difficult.

I'm shocked how easy that was - I've just set up a yahoo group for us called http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starving-british-sitcom-writers/

I invite you all to join.

Excerpts from scripts can be uploaded in the files section.
Please be patient with delays, I'm learning this as I go along.
Job

Thanks Jobfromthebible - or can I just call you Job. Just to say thanks for the link and that I've just signed up.

Sounds like a great idea, count me in.

I'm currently writing two scripts..one for a sitcom called 'Street Theatre' and the other for a radio comedy called 'Not Quite Famous'.

great! let's get the group up and running!

job

Yep, a great idea, id definitely be interested in putting stuff on, and checking out others work!

That's cool, I just joined the yahoo group. I'm randyhandshake.

jobfromthebible - I may still go ahead and (eventually) set-up a simple webpage for script and treatment uploading. I think the easier it is for funny-writer-hunters to get to us, the better, and sometimes they may not be arsed with a yahoo group. It's a great idea by you, though, not trying to belittle it at all (plus we could still link together anyway).

I have joined too. You can probably guess which one I am.