What are you smoking? Page 4

Quote: zooo @ August 21 2009, 3:13 PM BST

All you people wot smoke, did your parents smoke?

Both my parents quit smoking before I was born.
I smoked for about 8 years and finally quit at the end of my College days. Good thing too since my wife has flat out told me she wouldn't have dated a smoker let alone marry one.
She's cool with me smoking a couple of times a year though. She likes the smell of a good cigar or Swisher Sweet tobacco (it smells and tastes like chocolate).

Ooh chocolate.
I wish all cigarette smoke smelled like that!

Have just been thinking, and none of my extended family ever smoked, and none of my close friends have either.
It's still a bit of an unfamiliar, alien activity to me.

Cigars do look quite fun, but they seem to make the uninitiated sick. :)

Quote: zooo @ August 21 2009, 3:13 PM BST

All you people wot smoke, did your parents smoke?

My mum is a smoker but stopped whilst me and my brother was being grown and growing up. But she started again. My Dad smoked in his teens, I think? But hates it now.

Like I said, I only smoke fags when it's not a good time to smoke other things. Plus, it is a habit and my hands do get twitchy.

Quote: zooo @ August 21 2009, 3:24 PM BST

I practiced on a cigar before I smoked cigerattes. Wasn't too bad actually. By practice, I mean get the inhaling technique. Not practice my poses in front of a mirror (I used a pen to do that).

Quote: Leevil @ August 21 2009, 3:27 PM BST

Not practice my poses in front of a mirror (I used a pen to do that).

Noel Coward incarnate.

Kippers - although I'm sure someone has already said this.

Ah, and the thread arrives too late for Skibbington von Skibber, he would have put us straight on the joys of smoking... anything. :P

None smoker now Smarmy

Smoked for best part of 20 years.

Been clean for a year and 8 months :)

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ August 21 2009, 7:59 AM BST

Haddock. I'm doing bacon tomorrow.

Quote: youngian @ August 21 2009, 10:18 AM BST

Some herring

Quote: Chappers @ August 21 2009, 6:19 PM BST

Kippers - although I'm sure someone has already said this.

Yes, we have Dave. Great minds.

Quote: zooo @ August 21 2009, 3:24 PM BST

Ooh chocolate.
I wish all cigarette smoke smelled like that!

Have just been thinking, and none of my extended family ever smoked, and none of my close friends have either.
It's still a bit of an unfamiliar, alien activity to me.

Wow! None?!
Besides my parents and grandparents just about all my uncles and aunts smoked growing up and in high school everyone smoked. There were probably less none smokers than smokers. That might just be a small town thing though.

I'm currently eyeing a cigar that's been sat on my coffee table for months. Hmmm

That's me. :D Wish I had some smokes. And some money. :D

I was younger than all my friends in college and started smoking because I wasn't old enough to drink legally. I would sit at the bar, enjoying my Marb Reds, and watch my friends make asses of themselves. It was really the only time I ever smoked.

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ August 21 2009, 7:38 PM BST

Yes, we have Dave. Great minds.

Ah but haddock, herring and kippers. What a variety.

Quote: random @ August 21 2009, 7:15 PM BST

None smoker now Smarmy

Smoked for best part of 20 years.

Shouldn't that be the worst part of 20 years?

Bloody hell. I've given up smoking now for about six years. However, if I have a lot of alcohol to drink, I might occasionally have a cigarette, but due to the taste of alcohol in my mouth, I can't really taste the cigarette, but I very rarely smoke when I have a drink anymore, I'm on about three cigarettes a year. Anyway, someone was leaving my office today and to celebrate he brought in some Hamlet Cigars. I accepted it and it was the first thing I've smoked sober for six years and I couldn't physically finish it. A couple of drags and it was bringing me into a coughing fit. I couldn't believe it.