Fantasy BBC Comedy Commissioner Thread Page 4

Quote: Leevil @ August 20 2009, 11:33 AM BST

Would it still be called BBC Four?

Good ideas though :)

Hug <3 Hug <3 Lovey Lovey

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 20 2009, 10:23 AM BST

Produce a show at the weekend similar to the USA's Saturday Night Live.

You mean revive this?

'Saturday Live' was an innovative television comedy and music show broadcast in the UK by Channel 4 from 1985 to 1987. Heavily influenced by **(euphemism for 'heavily nicked from') the American show 'Saturday Night Live' (in particular its use of guest hosts), it was produced by Paul Jackson and made stars of Ben Elton, Harry Enfield, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.

(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

**(My Edit)

SNL is bollocks. The British version was ok, the the yank original is dire. There's maybe 5 minutes of funny material every couple of months.

EDIT: This post is off-topic.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 20 2009, 1:56 PM BST

EDIT: This post is off-topic.

John won't mind. He's just grateful people are contributing to one of his threads, which usually die on their arse. Several times over.

Give Frankie Boyle a stab at a sit-com, rescue Sally Phillips from Clare in the community and Jennifer Saunders' WI clutches and replace Panorama with the Thick of It.

Talk to Andy Hamilton about a second series of Trevor's World of Sport. and schedule it properly this time. Ask him to do another bedtime too.

My first move would be to un-cancel Not Going Out.

Quote: chipolata @ August 20 2009, 2:09 PM BST

Talk to Andy Hamilton about a second series of Trevor's World of Sport. and schedule it properly this time. Ask him to do another bedtime too.

Never realised that was adapted for TV, was it any good?
Great line from the radio version was when a manager makes a smart arse comment to one of his clients and Trevor says: "Don't bamboozle him with wordplay, he's a footballer not Stephen Fry."

Quote: youngian @ August 20 2009, 2:32 PM BST

Never realised that was adapted for TV, was it any good?

It started life as a TV show but after much acrimony and messing it was never recommissioned and Diddy andy Hamiltopn took it to radio. Not sure if it's run its course there or if there's going to be more series.

Get my goons to force David Renwick into writing more.

Surprise new series of 15 Storeys High, Help and People Like Us.

Quote: youngian @ August 20 2009, 2:07 PM BST

rescue Sally Phillips from Clare in the community

I would commission a TV version of Claire in the Community

Quote: chipolata @ August 20 2009, 2:09 PM BST

Good calls.

I'd recommission The Green Green Grass, if only to annoy everyone.

Quote: Morrace @ August 20 2009, 1:43 PM BST

You mean revive this?

'Saturday Live' was an innovative television comedy and music show broadcast in the UK by Channel 4 from 1985 to 1987. Heavily influenced by **(euphemism for 'heavily nicked from') the American show 'Saturday Night Live' (in particular its use of guest hosts), it was produced by Paul Jackson and made stars of Ben Elton, Harry Enfield, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.

(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

**(My Edit)

No. I don't mean revive that. It wasn't really much of a team show. Which is what I'm talking about. A team show with a pool of writers, separate from the perfomers.

Quote: chipolata @ August 20 2009, 2:07 PM BST

John won't mind. He's just grateful people are contributing to one of his threads, which usually die on their arse. Several times over.

Bitch.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 21 2009, 10:00 AM BST

Bitch.

I know you are, but what am I? Unimpressed

Quote: Robert D @ August 21 2009, 1:43 AM BST

I'd recommission The Green Green Grass, if only to annoy everyone.

I will hunt you down, sir, hunt you down.

Quote: chipolata @ August 21 2009, 10:01 AM BST

I know you are, but what am I? Unimpressed

Well, you're a...hang on...