Play And Record Page 2

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ September 26 2008, 4:46 PM BST

I had something recorded for it on Tuesday. Where are the recordings actually taking place? How do you get a ticket?

BBC Radio Theatre last year. Email the producer and get him to put you on the guestlist for the recording. That way you're guaranteed to get in (should you turn up!)

Dan

Cheers Sweryt. Emailed him and here's hoping. Pain you didn't get the option to submit and a little puzzling as to why they didn't give you the opportunity considering you wrote for P + R and Tilt (seriously I feel for you).

We've met btw. I'm the P + R guy who isn't EB.

Well if it's any small consulation Dan, I didn't hear anything either after writing for both, dunno what the producers requirments were :(

Let's hope there's another open submission coming up, or maybe they've saved us both for something special. :)

D

The people allowed to submit were a mixture of Play and Record writers and performers, Play and Record writers, RFTP writers, Tilt writers, peeps who did well in other BBC Talent competitions and other writers were asked to submit after being recommended by other BBC comedy producers.

PS: Appear to be going tomorrow (thanks Dan) so will take mental notes of what gets used. If anyone wants to ask me questions on Wednesday, do so and if anyone else is going I wouldn't mind meeting up and saying hello.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ September 29 2008, 2:23 PM BST

The people allowed to submit were a mixture of Play and Record writers and performers, Play and Record writers, RFTP writers, Tilt writers and peeps who did well in other BBC Talent competitions (I am so sad I recognized quite a few names in the list).

I fulfill a couple of those criteria but wasn't on a magic list either.
Angry

This sort of thing does no favours to my paranoid tendencies.

Paranoia is a useful trait for a comedy writer to have.

Are you taking the pee?

See, it's no fun for me. :)

Don't mean to be, no.

Good. :)

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ September 29 2008, 2:11 PM BST

Cheers Sweryt. Emailed him and here's hoping. Pain you didn't get the option to submit and a little puzzling as to why they didn't give you the opportunity considering you wrote for P + R and Tilt (seriously I feel for you).

We've met btw. I'm the P + R guy who isn't EB.

Ah! Yeah, I know (though I'd have never have guessed from the username!) Saw you got a few things into NR too ;)

No idea why I didn't get an email then. Maybe me, dannyjb1 and DD are at the end of a very long email list that gets truncated when you click 'Forward'.

Or something...

Quote: dannyjb1 @ September 29 2008, 2:15 PM BST

Let's hope they've saved us both for something special. :)

D

A special yellow bus has just turned up from the BBC apparently for me and you!

Dan

Er, Play and Record Series 2 on the 28h Dec 23:00. Some of us might have some stuff on.

Anyone heard from Mr W yet?

Play & Record series 1 repeated on BBC Radio 7 on Sundays at 11:30pm.

Episode 4 contained my radio debut, so I have a vested interest. That, and maybe repeat fees...

Dan

Any sketches to look out for?
I'll definitely listen to it on catch up.

Mine (in episode 4) is a shortened version of this: Ambulance Chasers
(from the early days of the BSG!)

Dan