Bizarrely unreleased... Page 3

Simon Munnery's Attention Scum.

I notice that Veronica Mars has been on E4 during the days. I'm hoping this means they might release it on DVD as it seems ridiculous that it has yet to be.

Also, I'm assuming it's copyright issues that stops Newswipe and Screenwipe from ever coming out on DVD?

They wouldn't have too much trouble clearing the rights if the will was there, I don't think. I doubt that they think there's a market for it, considering it's topical. I'm reasonably surprised that there have been a handful of DVDs of TV Burp, HIGNFY etc.

Quote: chipolata @ August 12 2009, 10:09 AM BST

Also, I'm assuming it's copyright issues that stops Newswipe and Screenwipe from ever coming out on DVD?

A repeat on BBC Four would be nice. Although, I see they're repeating the last series of Screenwipe, I'd still prefer to see it from the start, when it was at its best.

It's on YouTube, but who wants to watch stuff on YouTube?

It's also downloadable if you know when and where to look.

P.S. YouTube is gay.

ChuckleVision.

Yes, a very good candidate there, Rob.

For me it's shows that STILL have not seen the light of day on DVD. These shows are just buried and forgotten about and every other sitcom has been released several times already unecessarily when they could be releasing these shows instead of wasting so much time and money releasing shows again and again.

2point4 children
Birds of a Feather
Next of Kin
Surgical Spirit
The Upper Hand

Richard, series 3 of Surgical Spirit is out this month.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/coming_soon/

Colin's Sandwich.

Mmmm sandwich...

I mainly want the following to be released

2 Point 4 Children Series 4 - 8

Birds Of A Feather Series 2 - 9

Next Of Kin series 1 - 3

The Upper Hand Series 1 - 7

And I would like the last episode of Ab Fab (White Box) to be released on a single DVD.

And although it's not a sitcom I want to see a release of the 6th series of Ballykissangel in the UK as only upto series 5 are out over here, though 6 is out internationally.

And as an afterthought I want Chalk Series 1 & 2 as series 1 seems to have been deleted.

Is Dad available?

You can buy Chalk S1 here: http://www.replay-shop.co.uk/chalks1.htm

Series 2 is probably coming, although I couldn't say for sure.

Dad is not available legally. A shame, as it's an excellent programme well-deserving of the respect a proper commercial release would bring.

Quote: Leevil @ August 12 2009, 1:58 PM BST

A repeat on BBC Four would be nice. Although, I see they're repeating the last series of Screenwipe, I'd still prefer to see it from the start, when it was at its best.

It's on YouTube, but who wants to watch stuff on YouTube?

I'm pretty sure Charlie himself has said that it's very unlikely Screen/Newswipe will ever get a DVD release because of clearance.

I'd like to see all of The Adam and Joe show on DVD, not just a best of.

My updated wish list would be:

2point4 Children (Series 2-8)
Health & Efficiency (Series 1&2)
Birds of a Feather (Series 2-9)
The Upper Hand (Series 2-7)
Next of Kin (Series 2&3 Australia) (1-3 UK)
Dad (Series 1&2)
Dr. Willoughby
Ain't Misbehavin' (Series 1&2)
Chalk (Series 2)
All Along The Watchtower
My Hero (Series 4-6)
Heartburn Hotel
Pilgrim's Rest
Kiss Me Kate
The Peter Principle
Heil Honey I'm Home! (Purely as it would have a lot of people buy it just to see what the fuss was about - If the whole series still exists)