Would I Lie To You? - Series 3

...has a new host. Rob Brydon. How do we think he will do?

I think he will be a bit more vocal beyond the autocue than Angus was. Which would be a shame because Rob really should stick to scripted comedy/comedy acting.

Yay. Another comedy quiz panel show. They really don't make enough of these. I hope Frankie Boyle's on it, he's dreamy.

We don't really need any more panel shows. What with cocaine and prostitutes being currently so very cheap, stand-ups really don't need to be doing these.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 6 2009, 1:37 AM BST

Yay. Another comedy quiz panel show. They really don't make enough of these. I hope Frankie Boyle's on it, he's dreamy.

This is not a new show, this will be its third series.

Personally I find this one to be the funniest and most entertaining of all the panel shows. Not the least because David Mitchell is in every episode. The best episodes of other panel shows are always the ones with Mitchell in them, and so this show winds up knocking them all out of the water. Lee Mack is also great, and the premise is hilarious. Can't wait for the new series.

I can't wait for the new series of this. I think Brydon will do a good job as host from what I've seen of the trailer and I always enjoy watching the David Mitchell and Lee Mack bickering double act.

We need more Deayton on TV, not less.

I love the fact that (it seems, anyway) they really haven't seen what's on the card when they have to pretend the lie they've been given is true.

Quite unusual for them not to have read everything beforehand.

Quote: Aaron @ August 6 2009, 4:30 PM BST

We need more Deayton on TV, not less.

Paul Merton (reading from the NotW): "Angus made me groan all night" - He must have been reading off the auto-cue.

I agree David Mitchell is a brilliant panelist. Wasn't there a rumour that Jonathan Ross was in talks to replace Lee Mack so he wouldn't get a pay cut. Would have been cool if he did do. Ross was amazing on They Think It's All Over.

Nooo! Don't take Lee Mack off!!

Dear God. Ross should NOT NOT NOTTTTTTT replace Lee Mack.

Quote: jim howells @ August 6 2009, 1:10 AM BST

...has a new host. Rob Brydon. How do we think he will do?

I'm really looking forward to this. As has been said above, I think its one of the best panel shows by quite a mile.

Brydon is a lot more into the banter than Angus was. I think this is a good thing. As can be seen in the preview clip, he does a good job of extracting the laughs from a situation - the bit where he reminds Carol that her Countdown days are over and the subsequent mugging at camera really made me laugh. Angus would have never done that.

As for David Mitchell, he's my comedy hero. I think it should be manditory that he's on every panel show episode ever made - so I'm certainly happy with this comedy.

Quote: Aaron @ August 6 2009, 5:42 PM BST

Dear God. Ross should NOT NOT NOTTTTTTT replace Lee Mack.

Would be cool if they could work out an arrangement to have both Jonathan Ross and Lee Mack on the same team. I honestly think that the comedy world has forgotten how good Jonathan Ross was before he got his Friday night show.

Quote: youngian @ August 6 2009, 4:57 PM BST

Paul Merton (reading from the NotW): "Angus made me groan all night" - He must have been reading off the auto-cue.

Ian said that, not Paul.

I wonder why Angus left Would I Lie To You? just when his career was taking off again (or so it appeared).