Writing discipline

What is the best routine to write comedy? I have read in some places that the best thing to do is to write something everyday even when one doesn't want to. Does this sound right to you?

What working style has worked the best for you?

If you truely love writing comedy (as I do) I can't get enough of it and I write pretty much when I have free time (a good chunk like an hour)... this advice on writing everyday even if you don't feel like it sounds like crap to be honest.

If I don't want to write be it a day or a week I won't write, I find a break allows me to come back to something that I was stuck on a few days ago.

That's probably only good advice if you're a professional with deadlines maybe?

Take a break, have a Kit Kat....

I can see the wisdom in writing every day, whether one wants to or not. You just don't know when the good ideas'll come, so it's best to give them a daily chance to jump onto the page.
Jerry Seinfeld forces himself to write for an hour a day, he might only get a couple of minutes material but it all adds up.

If you write for fun then you must write as long as it's fun. If you're professional you need to do the work you've agreed to do and to the best of your ability. If it's your job then most people do an eight hour day whatever job they do. But it's not just the writing, it's the editing. You should only turn in your best work.

Yeah there will be a split if your a professional write you will have deadlines ect. I'm just talking generally you can't force words onto a page in my opinion

Thanks! Well, I guess it is one of those things that I should just try different styles until I find the one that I am comfortable with. :)

What is this word 'discipline'?