Suggestions for new talent please...

So I'm off to Edinburgh in a few weeks looking for new presenting talent - anyone got any suggestions for must-see stand-ups?

Andrew Lawrence, if you want a weird, psycho-you-out sort of presenter!

Dan

Seymour Mace is presenting a show called Sundayland at Edinburgh this year. It is very good and funny and well worth seeing.

Doug Faulkner is really good - a mixture of silly humour with spot-on performance.

Ah, yet another chance to plug my mate Paul Sinha. 'if'-nominated Paul will be performing his new show 39 Years Of Solitude...

www.paulsinha.com

As well as being an international stand-up and gay Bengali doctor, Paul is also officially one of the top pub quiz bores - sorry contestants, in the UK. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 24 2009, 1:12 PM BST

Ah, yet another chance to plug my mate Paul Sinha. 'if'-nominated Paul will be performing his new show 39 Years Of Solitude...

www.paulsinha.com

As well as being an international stand-up and gay Bengali doctor, Paul is also officially one of the top pub quiz bores - sorry contestants, in the UK. :)

Didn't he do Mastermind, or such like?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 24 2009, 1:14 PM BST

Didn't he do Mastermind, or such like?

Indeed he did, as well as having been on the stand-up comedians special of 'The Weakest Link'. He's recently appeared on 'Arthur Smith's Balham Bash', is a regular contributor on 'The Now Show' and 'Fighting Talk' and will be a guest on this week's 'Shappi Talk'. Phew!...

If I'm correct he didn't do briliantly on Mastermind....or maybe it was Weakest Link.

To be honest, he didn't do brilliantly on either. He was also on University Challenge... The Professionals. Not sure why. He's a very confident stand-up (after about 15 years of doing it), but quite a shy chap in real life (until he gets drunk and tries to snog you). However, I remember watching him clean out quiz machines as a med student, and his team always won the quiz nights (aided by Dr Matt Foxton, who won a few gold runs on 'Blockbusters' as a youth). He is almost encyclopaedic when it comes to sport. He is currently ranked 77th top "quizzer" in the UK.

Cheers for these fellas.

I actually went to see Paul Sinha a few months ago after chatting with his agent. He's outstanding, technically superb.

He's also a lovely bloke. With very good taste in men.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 24 2009, 1:30 PM BST

To be honest, he didn't do brilliantly on either.

He's better on his own than interacting with others. Some comedians are like that. IMO.

Paul Sinha is one of the better Fighting Talk panelists IMO. He always gets the other ones giggling and Colin finds it hard to get on with things.

He might just be tickling them, to be fair...

Dan

I thought it fairly brave of Paul that, on an episode of 'Fighting Talk' he was on where Danny Dyer was a guest, he quite openly admitted how much he fancied him.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 24 2009, 3:05 PM BST

I thought it fairly brave of Paul that, on an episode of 'Fighting Talk' he was on where Danny Dyer was a guest, he quite openly admitted how much he fancied him.

If ever anybody deserves a stabbing, it's Danny Dyer.