The IT Crowd 2.0

OK, so I'm a bit behind the times, but I have only today learned that series 2 begins Friday 24th August!

Yeah, I know series one wasn't everybody's cup of tea, but I absolutely loved it and my friends and I often put on the DVD when we need a damn good hearty laugh!

In the words of Jen as she implored to Daniel the security guard re: chocolate on head... "It's not shit!"

Why did this second series take so long to reach us? It seems ages since the first series went out, and as much as I enjoy it, I can't imagine it took long to write the scripts or hone the performances, especially that woman from the Malteaser adds, who's acting style consists mainly of shouting in a vaguely silly silly voice. And the Irish guy, he shouts a lot too. While the black guy just does this stilted awkward thing so I can never work out whether he's playing a stiff person, or just a lousy actor... I am glad to have it back, though.

General delays in getting into the studio, I gather.

The reason I mention the delay is often when second series take a long time to reach us, they've lost some of the fizz. Or are perceived to have lost some of their fizz, by critics eager to stick the knife in. Famously, the second series of Fawlty Towers took five years to reach us, and the critics (bizarrely) gave it a drubbing. John Cleese was quite put out at the time. Likewise, the second series of I'm Alan Partridge took five years to reach us and similiarly recieved a drubbing. Armando Iannucci was quite put out at the time.

Yeah, but the critics are more often than not full of bullshit. If they pan something, it's almost guaranteed to be a public hit.

Well I can't wait for it, I think it's great.

I'm looking forward to it too. I think part of the delay was because Graham started writing the second series with his old writing partner Arthur Mathews, but for some reason it didn't work out, so he had to go back and write it by himself. At least that's what I read somewhere (Christ knows where that was though). Either way, at least it's coming back now. :)

So far, I'm not sure if it's bad or good.

I'm pretty sure that that's the New Wimbledon Theatre though.

I agree with you Aaron...I'm just hoping it grows on me like the last series did :)

I LOL nearly the whole way through it. The fast half was often slow but the second half gradually became better. Jen's reaction when she saw Moss behind the bar was pitch perfect timing. Also when Roy is getting lifted into the van.

The preview of next weeks good and i liked the joke they showed.

Well, hmm, yes. Didn't start off too well, and Noel Fielding is embarassing, but I thought that it was mostly pretty good at the end. Enough laugh-out-loud moments to keep me entertained (and it's rare something actually makes me literally laugh out loud these days). Still hampered by a poor start though.

Yeah, ditto pretty much EXACTLY what hz said.

Yeah I'll echo HZ. (echo, echo, echo)

I loved it. Roll on next Friday :D

The characters are likable and it's silly enough to be fun. Plus it has loads of great cameos in it.

It was ace! Moss is even better this series.

And I was in that theatre a few weeks ago!
What japes.

And Ash Atalla at the end! :O Excellent.