The Now Show

We need a thread for this as well.

When?

Quote: Marc P @ July 16 2009, 12:07 PM BST

When?

For when it's on. Unimpressed

Quote: chipolata @ July 16 2009, 12:18 PM BST

For when it's on. Unimpressed

But why make it now when it is on Friday?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 16 2009, 2:07 PM BST

But why make it now when it is on Friday?

I like the fact all these radio threads are colonising this section like Tribbles.

When Simon Munnery was on this it was my favourite bit of Radio Comedy that week. He did things to my young mind. Esp on those occasions when I would go up to the BBC and see it recorded live.

Has this still got Punt and Dennis in it?

I think I'll stick with Newsjack.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 16 2009, 2:13 PM BST

Has this still got Punt and Dennis in it?

They're quite good. Rather like the fact it looks like your avatar is raining on mine... We're going to have some fun over the coming months!

Fun? Fun?! Yeah, right. Brilliant.

Although it will mean you've got to answer every single thing I ever say. Like some kind of bitch. Ha!

I like the show, but I hate it when they do it from somewhere else, like on Friday. The sound qualities shit and gets in the way of my enjoyment.

Good episode today. I especially liked their green version of the four Yorkshiremen sketch.

The Now Show is like the News Huddlines for the under 80s, quite lame and tame topical gags that are unlikely to keep the powers that be awake.

More Mike Yarwood than Rory Bemner.

Couldn't there be a spin-off, The Now Show Extra on a certain radio channel?

The Now Show was my first success at getting gags on Radio 4. I got about a dozen 'audience question' answers on the air over the course of about 4 series.

Apparently Sir James Savile is set to be the new producer of the next series. It's going to be called the 'Now Then Now Then Show'.