Sir Peter Ustinov Television Scriptwriting Award Page 2

I think I'll be OK cos I'm writing about my personal experiences. writing's a lot easier when you're writing about something you know definitly

Ahhhh, much better to do that. :)

I'm going to submit one, entitled 'Osama: The Cave Years'.

It'll save on sets, include high political drama, and he'll have a puppy sidekick called Scruffles.

I have smoething I could submit, but I'm not completely sure if it's right for this contest. It has like a 'Freaks and Geeks' ratio of humour to drama and the subject matter, although suitable for children, is definitely not aimed at that age group.

I think I overshot the age range a little on the CBBC drama, so I'm tempted to go through and make that suitable for this.

I suppose they're looking for a 40-odd minute script, if it's an American TV pilot?

And I wonder, what do people think about it being 'self contained'. They say they don't want things that are part of a series, they want a 'self contained pilot', but the script I have already tells a self contained story whilst setting up some big hooks for later episodes.

In addition :P...

Am I to presume people are writing in the US format? ie. with commercial act breaks written in and so on?

No idea. (Although I'd assume it's gotta be 42 minute USA style.)
But you'd better hurry as the dealine is 15th July.