List of companies to send scripts to Page 11

Quote: PerfectlyNormal @ July 8 2009, 12:08 AM BST

That all said, we've a show that starts on Radio 2 at the end of this month, The Adventures of Sexton Blake, and that was written by two writers who approached us out of the blue.

What is it then? Rewrites of the old stories or a comedy angle?

Anyway - thanks for the info.

Only the character names have been left intact, otherwise it's very inauthentic Blake. It's quite silly and stars Simon Jones (aka Arthur Dent). There's a trailer up on the website with new ones (and video) to come within the next few days.

Simon Jones - fantastic actor.

Quote: PerfectlyNormal @ July 8 2009, 1:10 AM BST

Only the character names have been left intact, otherwise it's very inauthentic Blake. It's quite silly and stars Simon Jones (aka Arthur Dent). There's a trailer up on the website with new ones (and video) to come within the next few days.

So it's a fake then?

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 8 2009, 1:11 AM BST

Simon Jones - fantastic actor.

I didn't know he was still acting to be honest.

Why should you? :)

Well, I thought he quit that's all.

He's very much still acting, very busy in fact but he lives in New York and does mostly theatre now.

Having worked with him on this and Hitchhikers, I can say that he's not only a brilliant radio actor but a totally lovely chap.

Quote: PerfectlyNormal @ July 9 2009, 12:26 AM BST

but a totally lovely chap.

You can't have enough of those nowadays.

Babycow needs milking. It's inudderdated with scripts and is not accepting unsoliciteds at the mo.

Quote: Stephen Birch @ July 9 2009, 11:17 AM BST

Babycow needs milking. It's inudderdated with scripts and is not accepting unsoliciteds at the moo.

Whistling nnocently

I now have my first script ready to send, would you recommend sending a self addressed envelope with each script you send? (I know BBC Writersroom require this and wondered if this was standard practice)

CMB.

Most places (I admit, bizarrely not Writers' Room) would probably (preferably) receive it by email, I'd have thought.

The only reason I can think of for snail mail is that it's a deliberate 'off-putting' measure to weed out the chaff. I'm still convinced that they used to accept submissions by email but I can't prove it.

EDIT: They never have -- I checked via archive.org. I was wrong.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 23 2009, 8:14 PM GMT

EDIT: I was wrong.

Most people would've edited the post. Top man, in my books. :)

Quote: SlagA @ November 23 2009, 9:58 PM GMT

Most people would've edited the post. Top man, in my books. :)

He was going to later but now you've quoted him.