Contains Nuts Sketch Show Page 2

I did kinda like the sketches CN. But I did feel they could be punchier, there was a certained labournedness to some of it, probably to do with the camera set ups and the static nature of them rather than the actors. I think if you were to give them a tighter edit they would benefit from it. I don't think we need to see superman crying for example. The gag is we're from another planet cut to superman. I'm not sure him then going on to cry and dry his tears with his cloak etc adds anything, in fact I think the opposite. Edit edit edit is my advice. Well done meanwhile!

:)

This looks really cool - ditto the remark about green screening - that really does open up lots of interesting possibilities.

Did one of mine and did a great job on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZek32mReko&feature=channel_page

I remember when you was just starting this up, good to see it coming together.

I remember you liked one of the sketches I sent, that was set in a hospital...

Quote: Marc P @ May 5 2009, 2:41 PM BST

I did kinda like the sketches CN. But I did feel they could be punchier, there was a certained labournedness to some of it, probably to do with the camera set ups and the static nature of them rather than the actors. I think if you were to give them a tighter edit they would benefit from it. I don't think we need to see superman crying for example. The gag is we're from another planet cut to superman. I'm not sure him then going on to cry and dry his tears with his cloak etc adds anything, in fact I think the opposite. Edit edit edit is my advice. Well done meanwhile!

:)

Thanks for that Marc, I can appreciate your comments about editing. I wasn't supposed to do them but we had so many problems getting people to do them and then a prod co wanted to see them so I had a weekend to learn how to edit and then edit five of the six sketches at the same time. I don't plan to be an editor career wise but I'm pretty pleased with the response given how new a lot of us are to the whole thing.

Quote: Martin H @ May 5 2009, 5:43 PM BST

I remember when you was just starting this up, good to see it coming together.

I remember you liked one of the sketches I sent, that was set in a hospital...

Its all true!
;)

Thanks for those responses so far. If you could be kind enough to back our project by rating us positively on YouTube and Funny or die, we would really appreciate it!

I thought the Material Girl sketch was the best too. :)

I'll check my portfolio for some non-budget sketches.

I'd agree with Marc's comments re tightness but, on the whole, enjoyed them. Superman was my favourite I think. Good stuff.

Some great varied feedback on these guys - thanks. I've definitely got a lot out of it and it has been at worst encouraging. I'm going to go over them again and try and edit them better.

I watched these, finally. They are all good. Well done for getting them done to an excellent standard and no budget! :)

Dan

I've sent you three more sketches. They're all about cheating spouses again. I don't know why, but I can't stop writing about that at the moment. :S

Thanks for the sketches so far. I'm taking some of them into a meeting tomorrow. I'll be emailing everyone after the submission date to acknowledge/thank you. This will hopefully be an on-running thing so sketches we don't do now may be done later.

Just as we've still got some crackers from the first batch.

One thing I'd say is we're trying to move away from the bedroom now. Also a few sketches still require props or ages that we don't have.

There was a great response to this, thanks. Going through them this week. Thank you very much and please keep supporting the project on YouTube and Funny or Die. ;)

Just remembered about this, Nuts. Did you get to do any more in the end?

Hopefully, we got some great feedback and some production companies are still looking at it. As for the sketches we were sent, there were loads and its a case of trying to find time with the production team to go over them as we are very limited with resources and time. So its positive at the moment, thanks for the interest!