HighTide - Now accepting plays by emerging writers

I know we have playwrights among us, so here's an opp...

HighTide (a theatre in Suffolk) is now accepting play submissions for the HighTide Festival 2010. They are looking to fully produce and premiere new works by emerging writers.

HighTide welcome all scripts written in English, on the basis that the selected writers will be available in the UK for the dramaturgy, rehearsal, and production period from November 2009 to May 2010.

Submission deadline: 31st July 2009.

The Festival 2010 season will be announced in January 2010.

More info at: http://www.hightide.org.uk/pages/playwrights.php

I was just going to ask them that. Also how many characters? I'll send them a message.

I applied last year and I was told there wasn't a cap on the amount of actors.

Also - I was unsuccessful, but there was no feedback. They did have a few hundred mind, so I can't blame them.

I sent them my one and only play.
Very cheap to make. Three actors. Two sets.

So what are they looking for?

Plays for mature adults that address issues or adventure-type plays or comedies or what?

I wish they would be more specific and give us something to work with, like a theme or a genre or even just a keyword to write your play around.

Have you looked at their website? You can look at the archives to get an idea of some the past winners.

Cheers, after looking at their website it seems they prefer the more mature play i.e. with a message and all that.

Well, that's no fun at all :)

Why isn't it fun? I sent them a "message" play, but it's still amusing and quirky in places.