Bizarrely unreleased... Page 2

Quote: don rushmore @ June 23 2009, 7:25 PM BST

The Wonder Years.

Music rights issues are preventing it.

I'd like to see Hot Metal, Whoops Apocalypse and End of Part One released... all Renwick.

Fist Of Fun
Not The Nine O'Clock News

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 24 2009, 7:49 AM BST

Not The Nine O'Clock News

And Chris langham could do with the work, even if it is just commenting on a the first series of a show he was sacked from and praying that there aren't any paedo sketches on it.

Never the Twain- a top eleven series run which you think Network would thrive about. I'd buy it anyway. Paticulary since ITV3 recently showed the whole series.

Not the Nine O'Clock News - a hugely influential and popular show which is never repeated or shown in its original form. There is no valid reason for not releasing the whole thing, unedited immediately.

Same with The Goodies.

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 24 2009, 11:36 AM BST

Never the Twain- a top eleven series run which you think Network would thrive about. I'd buy it anyway. Paticulary since ITV3 recently showed the whole series.

I hope that they repeat it! I managed to see/record a handful of episodes, but nowhere near enough.

Quote: Bad dog @ June 24 2009, 12:39 PM BST

Not the Nine O'Clock News - a hugely influential and popular show which is never repeated or shown in its original form. There is no valid reason for not releasing the whole thing, unedited immediately.

I agree entirely, but as Chip pointed out, there is the issue of Chris Langham being a regular in series 1, which I guess some people would have an issue with.

Some people should grow the f**k up.

I agree about 'Sorry'.

When 'Sykes' was first released I remember it was quite early in the 'lets release all these old series and make some money' era. Then when these series that have appeared on DVD took-off it kinda got pushed to the side. I think it's just a matter of time.

Keeping on the 'Sykes' theme, although it is understandable why it hasn't been released, is 'Curry and Chips'. What are the chances of that appearing? Errr

I know it isn't sitcom but 60s 'Batman' is still unaccounted for and there has been so many reasons given why it hasn't.

Quote: Aaron @ June 24 2009, 3:51 PM BST

Some people should grow the f**k up.

Definitely.

Smack The Pony

Chelmsford 123

IMO anything voted in that BBC TOP 50 Best British Sitcoms that has not been released on DVD as there must obviously be some demand for it.

The Larry Sanders show has only had one series fully released (possibly 2) as far as I know, as well as some Best of Stuff, I have both of these but the fact that such an acclaimed and wonderful show has loads of seasons unreleased is an absolute joke. Same with the only series of Bakersfield PD, another favourite which has never seen the light of day.

Finally Set of Six with Roland Rivron, nothing out there anymore. I think it had a VHS release some time back but no DVD and no Scrote brilliance.

If anyone has interested I have set up an 3 online petitions on www.petitiononline.com. These petitions are:
Naked Video series 4 and 5 http://www.petitiononline.com/gf5d1991/petition.html
A Kick Up The Eighties http://www.petitiononline.com/dc1991/petition.html
Laugh? I Nearly Paid My Licence Fee http://www.petitiononline.com/rcn1991/petition.html