The Weather

As with many Brits I'm a little obsessed about the weather. Sad but true. I watched a whole programme a couple of weeks ago about clouds Geek . But if you wish to post weather bulletins or just sadly talk about weather items in general I guess you could do it here? Or add pics?

Just a foot note. I like bad weather. There's just been a huge storm here with thunder and lightning and torrential rain. It was good!

Raining Here.

I would like a big storm.

It's just grey and a bit windy here right now.

Quote: Gavin @ June 6 2009, 3:01 PM BST

Raining Here.

It's a Welsh thing.

I forgot to convert the temperatures from Fahrenheit, but you get the picture: hot and dry for the next week.

I could take up to about Tuesday and Wednesday in your neck of the woods Dabutt, but once the temperature gets above 97F, I start to go all wibbly.

Do you have a pool?

I love how we British just love to talk about the weather, especially when used as small talk in arkward situations.

For instance, waiting to pad your pin number in the machine whilst waiting to pay at the checkout or in a shop.

I would NEVER instigate the dreadful weather small talk ARKWARDNESS in those situations, now I make it a habit to just completly make shit up just to amuse myself.

CASHIER: Oh, it's lovely today, hopefully it'll stay like this, im going camping at the weekend.

ME: Ah,that's a shame-Michael Fish just said it's gonna piss it down and it's going to totally ruin everybody's weekend....(taking reciept) thanks...bye.

Or when I was younger, people were mad for it a bus stops.

I walk up, the arkwardness begins, no bus.

A stranger says 'Oh, its horrible today, going to rain this afternoon'

'OH GOOD, I love standing in the rain until I turn purple'

:)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 6 2009, 3:24 PM BST

Do you have a pool?

No, but I have access to two private pools as part of our homeowners association, but I've never used them. I have problems with water and my ears while showering; swimming in a pool causes all sorts of maladies, so I avoid swimming.

It's not easy to build a pool here. There's solid limestone 3 inches below the grass, so the digging requires days of effort and something like this:

When they built our pool in Florida they dug the hole in about 2 hours with a simple backhoe.

Beautiful rainy day here. All the trees are rustling under the weight of the downpour and all the cows on the hill have gone inside. :)

Quote: roscoff @ June 6 2009, 2:59 PM BST

I like bad weather. There's just been a huge storm here with thunder and lightning and torrential rain. It was good!

<3

For a Geek fest sign up here. 16000 people can't be wrong?

http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/

Hail stones in Bristol.

Was out today walking. Sunshine and rain. Countryside does smell fantastic just after a rain storm. I don't mind getting wet as long as I've got a warm house and a telly to get back to.

In other news, saw rabbits two buzzards (or the same one in a different place) and a fox. Unusual to see a fox in broad daylight as it was only about 4 o'clock instaed of near twilight when I've seen them before.

It was supposed to be thunderstorm today. Sunny. Bastards.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ June 7 2009, 10:27 PM BST

It was supposed to be thunderstorm today. Sunny. Bastards.

Hit them. Hit them hard.