The Now Show

I've only listened to two episodes of this radio show and I think it's fantastic. Funny songs, funny rants and general funniness (is that a word?) anyway great satire. Does anyone else listen to this and what are your views.

The Now Show is my favourite radio comedy. I only caught on about six series ago (I wrongly thought I was too young for Radio 4!) but now can't miss an episode. Week in, week out, without fail Hugh and Steve and the rest of the team deliver some very funny material.

Last series was available as a podcast. It seems to have been removed from the BBC site now but I'm sure with a bit of searching Daniel you might be able to find the episodes to download.

Agreed, it's a great show, although it's lefty liberal bias does get a bit wearing at times. And Marcus Brigstock isn't nearly as grumpy and cantankerous as he thinks. And it's far superior to dreary The News Quiz.

I just listened to this weeks one very funny. The audience answers were cracking this week.

The Now Show is great and Radio 4 is brilliant.

Quote: ajp29 @ August 5, 2007, 4:51 PM

The Now Show is great and Radio 4 is brilliant.

Correctomondo.

Bloody brilliant episode fantastic end of the run. The songs were great.

Stilgoe's songs were amazing weren't they!

The first was packed with an impressive number of topical references and the second showed just how skilled he is at putting together a song quickly.

If you're reading this and you haven't heard it yet I highly recommend booting up BBC's Listen Again!

I'm just listening to it online now. It's hilarious. Thanks for the thread! Just heard the "it's not easy being dave" song. Waiting for his next random song.

Quote: Mark @ August 10, 2007, 11:30 PM

Stilgoe's songs were amazing weren't they!

Stilgoe is brilliant. Mostly for Phantom, of course...

I listened to yesterday's show (Friday) and it was great to hear Richard Stilgo was still bang on the money. The Cameron song built to an excellent finish and I urge anyone and everyone who missed it to tune in today for the repeat,

Stilgo is just supremly good at writing lyrics, I don't think he could appear every week like Mitch does without getting slightly too repetitive in style but as a one off he is absolutely amazing.

2 things bugging me about the Now Show. Its gone less topical in that its having stand ups pn who just do stand up without tying it to anything thats happened recently. Second thing they nicked my Bob the Builder joke :P

That bob the builder/obama thing (assuming that's what you're referring to) felt too obvious to me, having both had similar thoughts and heard it from a variety of sources(you're clearly due a fortune ajp29) but The Now Show as a whole thends to be very original and very funny.

I still can't hear reference to Vince cable now without thinking of their comment that it sounds like something in a car 'Your vince cable needs replacing mate'. (or the secondary observation that he sounds like a tv provider. 'Vince Cable. Now with over 200 different channels'

I'm going to go listen to my collection of shows now...

Having listened to tonight's edition of "The Now Show", I have decided to do something. I've downloaded Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah.

For those who didn't listen to tonight's episode, Mitch Benn is sang a song asking people to go to iTunes to stop the winner of "The X Factor" from reaching number one with the same song.

There is currently a Facebook group campaigning to get Buckley's version of the song into the No. 1 Christmas single spot. It has over 122,000 members.