Has Shameless run its course?

Watching Shameless last night and I couldn't help but become increasingly uncomfortable with it. The characters, the plot, the whole chemistry of the show.

It used to be something I enjoyed but now can't help but think it has run its course?

Discuss!

Edited by Aaron.

I lost interest after series 2.

I stopped watching after series three, so I would say it has. It's odd, because I really liked it when it started, but I would never watch an episode now.

I gave up during this current season. Personally, it lost that balance between being edgy, funny and dramatic. It's now pretty farcical at times.

Started to watch last night's episode and I couldn't believe how naff it was, so naff in fact I turned over half way to watch Horne & Corden... utter shite an all.

I lost interest in series 3, but I've recently caught a few new episodes and thought the 'Paddy on smack' storyline was quite good.

Quote: Ben @ April 15 2009, 12:34 PM BST

I lost interest in series 3

Quote: random @ April 15 2009, 11:03 AM BST

Started to watch last night's episode and I couldn't believe how naff it was, so naff in fact I turned over half way to watch Horne & Corden... utter shite an all.

Must admit, I've never seen the fuss about Shameless. Naff is a good word for it. I remember seeing it a bit at the start and thought it rather 'naff' the way it seemed to try and glamorise pikey behaviour.

Or am I missing the point?

Does Paul Abbott have any involvement now?

Series one was fantastic, 2 and 3 were watchable, never looked at it again after 4.

I only started watching with this series.

Haven't watched last nights E4 episode yet.

I lost interest after episode one of the first series. There's enough of these people fouling up society, without seeing them on our TV screens too.

I've never watched Shameless, (although I was almost in it as an extra).

I live in Manchester, so if I want to watch that sort of thing I can just leave the office at lunchtime and walk through Piccadilly...

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 17 2009, 10:40 AM BST

I live in Manchester, so if I want to watch that sort of thing I can just leave the office at lunchtime and walk through Piccadilly...

At the very least its realistic then? :D :D

Sadly, from what I've seen... *sigh*

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 17 2009, 10:40 AM BST

and then catch the bus into gorton or moss side then?

Piccadilly is nice now. Granted it is a major town centre and so on a Friday night you are likely to meet your fair share of "questionable gentlemen" but you get that everywhere.