Annually Retentive S2 DVD

I've been having a bit of a Rob Brydon weekend (instead of writing up some coursework Whistling nnocently ) - Human Remains, Cock & Bull Story, A.R. Series 1..

When is series 2 coming out? Any ideas? :)

Did the collapse of Woollies delay any DVD releases etc..?

I don't think that their problems delayed anything. They had a 40% stake in 2 Entertain (not sure what the precise situation with that is at present, although I suspect that BBC Worldwide will purchase it), but that was not affected by the company's collapse, and the rest of their entertainments business was, as far as I know, only concerned with the logistical distribution of physical items, and not their production.

As for Rob Brydon's Annually Retentive, I'm afraid that I haven't the foggiest. If you keep checking our coming soon page, it'll be updated as soon as we see anything, so you'll be able to find out through there.

Thanks- I always find it odd that a series doesn't come straight out on DVD, given the venal, money-grabbing practices of our broadcasters... It surely means something has gone wrong somewhere if it doesn't hit the shelves to cash in asap? Then if you leave it too long something can crop up to delay it indefinitely (cf. People Like Us S.2...)

The trouble with instant releases is that whilst we comedy fans might be happy to snap them up, the general public will still have the show fresh in their memory and so see no need to purchase it. Most DVDs aren't released until the following series begins. This is generally the case with 2entertain and BBC programmes, but it does vary. A notable exception is The Inbetweeners on 4DVD, which for both series 1 and 2 has been/will be released within 2 weeks of the show's end.

I have been dying for series 2 on DVD as well. Luckily I have the episodes but I still want the DVD.

Same with Perfect World Series 1 & 2, we were so close to getting it and it fell because of Woolworths or something.

By the way you can get People Like Us Series 2 from australia.

Woolworths' collapse happened months after Perfect World was supposed to have come out. I suspect that, like a number of other BBC shows, it was 'announced' prematurely.