Why do people do that?

I was just wondering why people create multiple accounts on forums and then just start chatting away to themselves?

Anyone any clues?

Is it a new pastime for the youth of today?

Huh?

Because they are very, very sad.

I agree with myself, I mean bigfella, it's crazy :S

Quote: Aaron @ March 19 2009, 5:24 PM GMT

Because they are very, very sad.

It must be more than that.

Being in the health care sector I worry about these people.

Maybe I should open a helpline type website - There would sure be a lot of members!!

I think one may need to show some sympathy.
Being funny is a deeply personal thing and being rejected in this area can wound one deeply.
Those of us who write do get a lot of knock backs and knock downs. So it's only natural to feel some aggression to those hardy souls still chipping at the rock face.

'Multiple Poster Disorder' is symptomatic of someone being a cock.

Quote: Simon B @ March 19 2009, 5:53 PM GMT

'Multiple Poster Disorder' is symptomatic of someone being a cock.

Cock.

It always seems to be an attempt to make the person look more popular. I don't think in most cases any malice is behind it, I think the person probably doesn't feel accepted and mistakingly thinks that will help but as we all know, it's not exactly an original idea and tends to make that person look crazy. Isn't that right Roo? Yes it is Roo. What a nice dress you have been wearing today. Why thank you, I got it from a nice little shop selling vintage clothes. Ooooh I like my shoes.......

I threw a little paddy and deleted this post.

Well I've had several dreams where I'm actually Sooty. My doctor just shook his head and handed me the gun.

Quote: WoodMeister @ March 19 2009, 6:11 PM GMT

I don't know much about the computer stuff, but is it possible for Aaron or whoever to block more than one account being created by each computer?

Then you'd have the problem of family computers etc only allowing one member of the family to belong to the forum.

That is true. For example, Scatters brother sometimes comes on here. If they shared the same computer, then he wouldn't be able to come on.

Strange beviour.

That's right Balf, it is.

Roo agrees, don't you roo?

Meh, I can give or take it Roo.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ March 19 2009, 6:23 PM GMT

Roo agrees, don't you roo?

Meh, I can give or take it Roo.