DVD Bargains Page 15

Excellent value. Pity they've garbled the product title so much!

If anyone else wants to purchase it, save an extra 1p at Amazon.

See Amazon product listing

Oh yeah, that's actually where I got it from. :D

Haha!

I thought I was getting a bargain at £49.99...

Really, everyone should own a copy of this though, and Steptoe & Son. Currently cheapest at Amazon, £29.98.

Yeah, I nearly bought that too. But I probably shouldn't have even bought the Hancock one tbh.

I feel your money-spending pain. :)

Ha!

*cries into Council Tax bill*

Frasier box set hovered around at £129 for a while, it then went up to £140 and has now dropped to £85. I bagged one this evening for the girlfriend's birthday. Okay, it's still £85 but considering the RRP is £200 and that it is 44 discs it's still pretty good going. It works out now to £1.93 a disc.

Yikes. Not bad at all!

Quote: Aaron @ March 16 2009, 9:17 PM GMT

Yikes. Not bad at all!

Yup, I had to look twice, but it all checks out.

Quote: Aaron @ March 16 2009, 8:38 PM GMT

Excellent value. Pity they've garbled the product title so much!

If anyone else wants to purchase it, save an extra 1p at Amazon.

Absolute crap presentation as I think I've mentioned before !

The BBC did exactly the same with the audio set which I religiously purchased!

Amateurs !

Any fans of Minder here? The DVD sets were expensive in Australia for a few years at about A$68 (£32 a series), but are now available in a chain of junk stores called The Reject Shop for A$10 (£4.70) a series. Which means the entire collection of 34 discs costs £47. Whereas Amazon UK is selling a 33-disc set for £89.68. Incidentally, has anyone seen the remake of Minder? Is it crap?

EDIT: Oops. Perhaps Minder doesn't qualify as a sitcom - rendering this post irrelevant.

It's not really a sitcom, but some argue that it is a comedy drama - and either way, we can discuss shows which aren't comedies!

Thank you. I had feared this site might be like some with a Nazi-like demand for absolute relevance (in this case to British sitcoms). Though I'll presume it would off-limits to start asking about Dr Who here?

In this particular forum, I'd prefer if you didn't, correct. In General Discussion, anything goes. Really the only forums I ask people to stay on-topic (regretfully) are British Sitcoms and Other British Comedy. Elsewhere, rabbit away to your heart's content.

The only Naziism is over correct spelling and grammar.

The Pink Panther Collection. 6 discs. Currently £9.99 at HMV.

[h=80736]