The Old Guys - Series 1 Page 17

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hsp8f/The_Old_Guys_The_Courtesan/

Thanks, but I hate watching stuff on computers.

Ah, you mean the VM service. Well I'm sure it'll be available on there sooner or later.

On the other hand, you could find an iPlayer downloader, then stick it on your ... iPod, I presume you have?

PS3. Hmmm maybe. I'll wait to see if it pops up on On Demand or the Red Button.

Thanks again though.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 8 2009, 8:49 PM GMT

Thanks, but I hate watching stuff on computers.

Can't you download it from the iPlayer website and then play it through the TV (if you've got something relatively LCD/Plasma-y)?

Loved this last episode. LOL-ed lots throughout and had a lot of fun with the jokes.

Excellent stuff (bar the weak second episode). Roll on series 2.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 8 2009, 10:38 PM GMT

Can't you download it from the iPlayer website

Is that possible?

Yeah, go here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hsp8f/The_Old_Guys_The_Courtesan/

On the right, under 'Share', hover over the arrow next to 'Download' and the 'To computer (134MB)' appears. You need to download and install the BBC Download Manager, but the quality of the downloaded file is much better than streaming (even in high quality).

You can keep the downloaded files for a month, but most programmes are only downloadable for a week after broadcast (even though a lot stay around for longer, viewable 'on-line' -- for example, all the other Old Guys episodes if you look at them.)

Hope this is useful

Dan

I don't seem to have that option. I have 'LINK TO THIS' and 'SEND TO A FRIEND'. Hmmm

It's ok, I've found a torrent. Thanks for the help anyhow. :)

Maybe you need the download manager installed before you can see it?

Ah, well. :)

Dan

Yeah I think so.

Cheers anywho.

Yes, a very good last episode, thank goodness we have got a new BBC sitcom that is actually funny. Roll on the DVD release and series 2.
I still hate the opening credits, but the ending credits are okay 'Barapapada Baraparapada'

You can never hear all of the opening music as it gets talked over!!

Brilliant series, unsurpassed for comedy. More please and soon! Wave

According to Wikpedia, The Old Guys are going to be on screen again as they currently in production for a second series.

Good news if true!

Just to pick up from the news on the front page about a second series being commissioned; this is great news, but the the link merely takes you to the Guide's guide for the programme. Is it supposed to link to a news article instead with more info? Just wondered.