Channel 4 scheduling Page 3

One thing they did get right recently was the decision not to buy Joey, which was awful and got cancelled halfway through the second series. Then again, I'm not sure if this was a case of C4 guessing correctly that the show would suck or not being able to compete with Channel Five during the bidding process.

Not sure about the "new" episode of the Simpsons argument. There's probably a fairly large percentage of the population that has either Sky, NTL Freeview boxes etc, with most of these having Sky One as standard. The episodes that channel 4 are showing now have been floating around on Sky for a couple of years. Fans of the show who have acecess to Sky One aren't going to be jumping out of their skin to watch the Simpsons at 9 on a Friday. Not everyone has access, I know, but it'll surely affect the ratings.

What have C4 been getting for the Simpsons on Friday out of curiosity?

i dont think that channel 4 understand that when they say new episodes of the simpsons they actually mean episodes seen by many fans. But the one thing that annoys me about comedy scheduling is that its mostly shown on a friday which is that they seem to be backing shows that have just run dry. Look at Bo! in the USA.....now ive watched avid since series 1 but when they start to expend all of their options it becomes somthing that people hate only because theyre milking it. If anything they should be encouraging new comedy on to our screens. Why arnt channel 4 out there getting hold of this new comedy. If i remember they did a series on e4 funny cuts which i havnt seen since all the episodes were aired. there just isnt enough new fresh comedy written by unknown people making it all the more wanted. I think shows like 8 out of 10 cats is nothing more than a format running dry and to be fair jimmy carr could tell as many shit jokes as he wants it aint gonna increse veiwers if anything its gonna piss them off.

And for the record the BBC are no better the only shows i can watch are buzzcocks and QI the rest seems to be recycled scripts what theve been holding their wonky desks up with. I just think its time to wipe the slate cleen and start again with new ideas and new faces.......just give the young ppl of this country a chance to proove the old bstards they can give them a run for their money.

Oh and by the way im new to the site so for everyone.......hello :)

Quote: comedy coop @ December 5, 2006, 2:55 PM

i dont think that channel 4 understand that when they say new episodes of the simpsons they actually mean episodes seen by many fans.

Oh no, Channel 4 know EXACTLY what they mean; the episodes are new to Channel 4. They're more than aware that most/many people will have already seen them. Fairly standard marketing ploy, and really rather patronising too.

Unfortunately, also rather effective.

i would just like to see fresh new comedy and not old recycled rubbish which everyone and their gran knows about.

I remember a time when channel 4 was known for taking risks on new comedy. (that makes me sould old but i assure you im not)

Did someone give them a labotomy or somthing?

and by the way im new so erm ........hey everyone....