Rising Damp

Brilliant series, one of my favourites actually. Vastly underrated.

Rigsby is a genius character. Any other love for the show?

Great show. And Leonard Rossiter's performance is great. He makes what should be a truly loathsome character strangely lovable.

Yep, love it.

Underrated how?

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 3 2009, 10:20 AM GMT

Underrated how?

Jackson's probably twelve. And he thinks if his generation don't rate it, then nobody does.

Underrated; not very well known amongst the public. Not repeated endlessly. Not receiving of its deserved praise, unlike the undeserved heaped on more recent shows.

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 3 2009, 10:20 AM GMT

Underrated how?

I mean on a widespread basis. When the cream of British sitcoms are mentioned, people automatically mention Adder, Fawlty, Porridge, OFAH and modern ones, but this seems to fall under the radar in comparison overall.

Quote: chipolata @ March 3 2009, 10:23 AM GMT

Jackson's probably twelve. And he thinks if his generation don't rate it, then nobody does.

24 actually.

Well, great show that it is, I don't think it's aged as well as those other shows you mentioned. There is something very static about it. It's also an ITV sitcom, which don't seem to be as fondly remembered as BBC shows.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ March 3 2009, 10:27 AM GMT

24 actually.

:D Love the "actually".

Quote: Jackson Neil @ March 3 2009, 10:27 AM GMT

24 actually.

Quote: chipolata @ March 3 2009, 10:29 AM GMT

:D Love the "actually".

I like f**king my old Mrs as she screams out "I'm 24 actually!!"

Eeeeeh .... YES!!

Yes, great series, all four series were great, but the second series was a cut above the other three.

I have just started on the boxed set that Santa brought me. Excellent stuff.

Quote: Aaron @ March 3 2009, 10:25 AM GMT

Underrated; not very well known amongst the public. Not repeated endlessly.

To be fair it's rarely off ITV3.

'Rising Damp' is one of the greatest British situation comedies ever IMO, featuring arguably the greatest star perfomance ever seen in a sitcom* -- but I wouldn't call it underrated :).

* Leonard Rossiter.

Quote: Dene Kernohan @ March 4 2009, 6:59 PM GMT

To be fair it's rarely off ITV3.

Yeah, on a channel relatively few people watch! It's certainly not somewhere that a significant amount of people are aware of. If I didn't have a TV guide on my computer then I certainly wouldn't know about it. Not exactly publicised much, is it?

Rigsby wouldn't want that.

Maaaaayyyyy God Misss Jeeuoooooooones.

I do a great Rigsby impression, but it never comes across as well on the page.

I loved the epsiode where the con man told Rigsby that he could get the mayor over for tea.