Bafta Opp

Any interest? http://www.bafta.org/whats-on/bafta-rocliffe-new-writing-forum,380,BA.html

This was for last year, I don't know when or if they are doing one this year. Hopefully so!

Just got this Email:

BAFTA Rocliffe NEW WRITING FORUM - Call For Scripts, Deadline 20 March 2009

Rocliffe are accepting scripts submissions for the next BAFTA ROCLIFFE NEW WRITING FORUM taking place at BAFTA in April.

The closing date for submissions is 20 March 2009 @ 17.00 GMT.

See the link below to find out more about the event.

If you would like your script to be considered, please send a HARD COPY of the following to
ALEX – ROCLIFFE SUBMISSIONS
BAFTA
195 Piccadilly
London W1J 9LN:

1. 10 minute Script extract (12 pages maximum) - each page must list your name, script title and page number. The script can be short film, feature, theatre or television – please note we are not accepting theatre or radio scripts on this occasion.

2. Long synopsis - min 350 to a max of 500 words.

3. Short synopsis - max 50 words.

4. Cast break down and outline of each character that appears in extract.

5. Introduction to provide context, outlining where the extract fits into the overall story and must clearly state whether the script is a feature, short, or television drama.

6. A short writing and industry relevant biography - 150 words max – please be specific with titles etc.

7. Only standard script formats will be accepted.

8. Please include your full contact details i.e. name, email and a contact telephone number on your biog page.

9. You should only submit work if you are able to attend on 29 April 2009.

10. We will only accept a maximum of two submissions per writer.

11. All writers will be notified within three weeks of the closing date.

12. No email submissions will be accepted.

13. Please include a stamped addressed envelope if you wish to have your submission materials returned.

Recent industry guests and Patrons now include John Madden, Richard Eyre, David Parfitt, Alan Plater, Cameron McCracken, David Yates, Finola Dwyer, Michael Kuhn, Nik Powell, Duncan Kenworthy, Rebecca O'Brien, Simon Relph & Shirley Rubinstein. Media Patrons are Screen International.

Wunderbar!

The script can be short film, feature, theatre or television – please note we are not accepting theatre or radio scripts on this occasion.

They contradict themselves regarding theatre.

Obvious cut and paste error. I reckon that a cut and paste error will one day bring about the end of the world.

I'm a bit confused because I'm thick.

Can this be a sitcom?

It mentions a sitcom on the web page but only "television" on the letter? Any ideas?

What do they mean by cast break down? Is this just a break down of what characters are in the script?

What do they mean by cast break down? Is this just a break down of what characters are in the script?

It's askin which of the cast have a nervous breakdown. :P

Nah! Seriously, it means the characters in that particular excerpt, so they know how man actors to use in the readthrough.

Obvious cut and paste error. I reckon that a cut and paste error will one day bring about the end of the world.

ha ha! Yeah. :P

Quote: Mikey J @ February 27 2009, 1:04 PM GMT

Nah! Seriously, it means the characters in that particular excerpt, so they know how man actors to use in the readthrough.

oooooooooooh! that makes sense.