Human Remains

Did anyone apart from me ever see this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Remains

Rob Brydon and Julia Davis making one of the most bleak shows I've ever seen.

I tell you people it's gloriously morbid...

Par example

Brydon: You happy darling?
Davis: No...
Brydon: That's right love...more than happy.

Saw it, love it, am looking at my copy sitting on a shelf right now. I wish Brydon would give his character acting/writing chops another work out; Annually Retentive was, for me, a bit of a failure; Human Remains and Marion And Geoff is much more like it! Especially love the Brummie Sex one in Remains!

Actually, I think I'll start giving Remains another watch!

Go man go! (Slither in :P)

I loved Anually Retentive!

But Marion and Geoff was ace too.
I'm still not sure if I watched Human Remains or not. I think I did. I get them both confused.

This is one of my favourite comedies. One of my favourite lines is (paraphrased) "I'm not pregnant yet, but it could be any time soon. Steven's got a terrible temper." I love the improv style.

That episode is horrible. In a good way, when they were putting up the wallpaper and "fixing" the teddy bears is simply brilliant :)

Quote: zooo @ October 21 2008, 11:04 PM BST

I loved Anually Retentive!

Yeah, it was okay, but not as good as I wanted it to be. That said, anybody know if it's getting another series? Or has it been cut to make way for more series of Coming of Age and Scallywagga?

If I didn't find this thread I was going to create a new one. I have been watching the DVD of Human Remains non-stop. Each time I watch it get better and better. I honestly think this is one of the greatest things ever to be written on TV and is a million times better than Nighty Night or Marion and Geoff (although both of these are still brilliant). It deals with serious issues without any sentimentality and has more humanity than any other sitcom ever. My favourite episode is the one with the wife beater. I can understand why it has achieved no commerical success whatsoever but it I think anyone who wants to write comedy should watch every episode at least ten times - even if their type of comedy is broader I still think a lot can be learnt from it. I know I am rambling but I am obsessed.

I need to watch this. Bought the DVD about a year and a half ago and still haven't got around to it. No-one I've spoken to (who's seen it) has a bad word to say about it.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 26 2009, 8:54 AM GMT

I need to watch this. Bought the DVD about a year and a half ago and still haven't got around to it. No-one I've spoken to (who's seen it) has a bad word to say about it.

Dan

Are you trying to say I've gone on about it alot? :)

It should be compulsory to watch this series, it's like a hilarious Mike Leigh with a bi-polar disorder.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 26 2009, 9:42 AM GMT

Are you trying to say I've gone on about it alot? :)

No...
<shifty, trying-not-to-look-guilty eyes>

Dan

Definately need to get around to watching this as I hear it is very good.

Doubt it will surpass Marion and Geoff though.

Honestly it does surpass Marion and Goeff - if only because each episode features a new set up and so it is impossible to get bored.

I watched this when it was first shown, it really is something a bit special not to everyones tastes I'm sure but well worth a look if it passed you by. I've just ordered the DVD from Play.com for a fiver (bargain!) and really looking foreword to seeing it again.

Marion and Geoff is flawless.

Brydon is miles better in Human Remains and is extremely well written, but it goes so dark that it very regularly forgets to include jokes... Julia Davis didn't do anything for me either.
So, frustratingly, brilliant but also not as good as it should be.