Ever Decreasing Circles

I've noticed the complete DVD of this is £15 on Play.com (RRP £40), I've never seen it, but it looks really good. I'm a big fan of Richard Briers and of Esmonde & Larbey. In a few weeks when I've got a bit more cash I'm thinking of getting it. Has anyone else seen it and if so can tell me is it worth buying?

Cheaper on Amazon!

I've heard nothing but good things about the show. Tempted to buy it myself.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3299665/Product.html]
[h=608127]

One of the best British sitcoms ever IMO, well worth a look!

Watched a few eps earlier in the week, for the first time in ages, and had a blast. Terrific idea, brilliant scripts, perfect cast.

Just come on from pub and I am 3 sheets to the wind. I have done many things in this condition, most of 'em wrong, but somehow £15 for EDC just seems so right. Tomorrow morning, when my head is banging and I'm on the way to a 9am lecture I shall be rejoycing in the fact that I have just got EDC for £15 off Amazon! Salute!

Thanks for the tip/ reminder.

I loved this show when it came out - Harold and Hilda et al.

£15 is a bargain, although for an extra £10 you can buy a used copy!?

I opted for a nice new one thanks!

Happy viewing.

Jx

Absolutely 100% buy it !

Wonderful stuff ! The relationship between the three main characters is great . . will she? Won't she? Has she? Hasn't she?

I am in love with Penelope Wilton and I don't care who knows it ! Especially Penny .. If you're not doing anything Pen . give us a ring . . GSOH, NS, 60+, WTM sit com star . . . . .. :P

It's, quite simply, brilliant. I got it for £23 and I thought *I* was getting a bargain, so £15 makes it almost worth getting another!

Ricky Gervais rates it as one of his all-time favourites (if not all-time favourite??) sitcom. Not that that has any relevance whatsoever, to be honest, but I figure he knows his comedy beans...

Dan

Jack, I have long been a fan of EDC and myself bought the set from Play at 14.99. It really is a superb show, certainly under-rated. Those who like the show really do love it. I would put it in my top ten UK sitcoms, I think.

So, if you haven't already, buy it! You are very unlikely to be disappointed.

I've been watching it again on GOLD.

Howard and Hilda are just pure class!

Classic show. Martin Bryce is one of the great sitcom characters, although I never really understand why his wife stayed with him, especially when there was a cool chap next door gagging for her.

I had this crazy dream last night that I ahd come in from the pub drunk and ordered EDC from Amazon for £15.

Quote: Aaron @ February 25 2009, 7:02 PM GMT

Cheaper on Amazon!

I've heard nothing but good things about the show. Tempted to buy it myself.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3299665/Product.html]
[h=608127]

Is that guy wearing a white polo neck with a brown leather jacket? And she fancied him? Madness!

Quote: Balf @ February 26 2009, 6:03 PM GMT

Is that guy wearing a white polo neck with a brown leather jacket? And she fancied him? Madness!

I think he looks quite dashing. I might try the polo neck/leather jacket look myself.

I always imagined you had no other look. Though it's all black and you're never without a pipe...

Dan

Think once, think twice, think BIKE!