Yes Minister Page 2

Yes Minister is today's featured article on Wikipedia.

Yes I too like this very much.

It is simply brilliant. I only saw it for the first time in 2008 and it immediately became one of the best sitcoms I've seen.

Def.

I'd love to get the entire series some day and watch it from start to finish. I've only seen a few episodes and thought what I saw was great smart comedy.

Amazon currently has it for $76.99 for the complete series of both shows: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000DI88E/comedyguide-20/

Sounds a bit on the pricey side though.

The complete box-set is currently going for a reasonable price (I can't remember how much) for the complete Yes Minister and Yes, Prime Minister box-set.
What are people's opinions on Yes, Prime Minister, just out of curiosity?

This remains, for me, right at the top of the comedy pile. The writing was so sharp and the three main actors delivered it all to perfection. You can't describe it to just have to watch and marvel.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 26 2009, 6:42 PM GMT

What are people's opinions on Yes, Prime Minister, just out of curiosity?

There's an inherent dynamic change which shifted kind of ... shifted, I suppose, things slightly, but it was still quite excellent.

I've never understood why some people don't like Yes, Prime Minister, or think it's inferior to Yes Minister. I enjoyed it just as much, and elevating Jim Hacker to the top job enabled the writers to freshen it up and inject new impetus into it. Plus it contains one of my favourite Yes Minister/Prime Minister moments when Sir Humphrey is out on the ledge at Number 10 trying to get in. Great stuff.

I would guess it's because they're so in love with the particular dynamic of Yes Minister.

It's been announced this week that Yes Minister is due to be re-made in Holland. Amongst the changes are the Sir Humphrey role becoming female. Today's edition of The Daily Politics featured an interview with the head of drama at the station which is remaking it, and can be viewed here.

Just bought the first series of this for two pounds on Amazon. Episode one was good, seems promising.

You've never seen it before?! :O

Nope. Always seemed like it might be a bit stuffy, but people seem to rave about it so I thought I'd give it a go.

Blimey. No, beyond the slight intellectual level inherent with the setting, it's not stuffy in the slightest. Very accessible IMO. It's essentially the struggle between someone who has power, and someone who has very little power but thinks that he should - which is another pretty universal premise really.

Anyway, if you're only one episode in, you have a real treat ahead of you. :)