Arturart - new Arthur Smith show for R4

Went to the recording last week of the first two episodes of Arthur Smith's Edinburgh show Arturart, held at the Bedford Pub in Balham, so local for me!

It was all very jolly, until right at the end when AS asked for questions from the audience. I expected they'd be plants, and a few were, but then one man started ranting on about how they were just taking the piss out of the art world and how serious it all was, etc. AS was v patient with him, but other members of the audience were certainly not. In the end, AS pointed out that he wasn't Brian Sewell and that the show was supposed to be funny.

Didn't he realise what he was coming to? I thought he was a plant until things really got out of hand. Well done to AS for not letting the situation get too out of control. Obviously an old pro!

Wonder if they'll include any of it in the final edit? It's aimed for the 11pm slot.

I've got tickets for the last part this coming weekend, so maybe there'll be a bit of re recording going on...

Anyone else had an experience like this?

I'm not coming along, but I'm writing the BCG article covering the series. I believe that Miriam Elia was there, and on her Facebook page she said she got heckled by an art lecture, so I guess this was the same incident.

Had to go on my own last night to the last recording of the last episode of Arturart as my husband refused to some along with me! Still, I got to sit near the front this time as there were far fewer people. No hecklers, but I did get to ask a question about the presenters own art favourites! It was all done and dusted in an hours, so I was home 5 minutes later having my dinner. There was an invitation to meet up in the bar later, but I thought I leave that to the intellectuals....