Quote: Marc P @ February 4 2009, 11:18 PM GMT

Is it being repeated?

Saturday (7th) at 7:30pm on Five.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 4 2009, 10:28 PM GMT

Funny you should ask Zooo but there's this actor bloke and he's called:

Rex Shrapnel.

PS I think it could be a made up one!
;) ;)

It is Lex - not Rex - and Shrapnel really is his surname. Lex is just short for Alexander.

Whoops!

Yes Aaron you're quite light.

But is it any good???

It's better than I thought it might have been

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't very good. Shane Richie didn't seem to be putting any effort into it, the baddies were a bit feeble and the Minder's fighting style was a little..umm...odd.

Given a meatier (non-pilot) script, the actors getting comfortable with their characters and a decent fight choreographer, I can see this getting better though.

Quote: Afinkawan @ February 5 2009, 10:40 AM GMT

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't very good. Shane Richie didn't seem to be putting any effort into it, the baddies were a bit feeble and the Minder's fighting style was a little..umm...odd.

Given a meatier (non-pilot) script, the actors getting comfortable with their characters and a decent fight choreographer, I can see this getting better though.

You make some good points, but seeing as I was dreading what they might have done to it, I thought it was pretty good and enjoyed it.

Now three shows in and I have to say that I quite like this. It's not a patch on the original but in fairness I don't think that it's attempting to be.

Tonight's Banksy story was good. However...

Am I the only one who is finding it well nigh impossible to understand Shane Richie's lines?

It's as if he has half a ton of cotton wool in his cake-hole. The man, to these ears, is practically unintelligible

Where are you from? Is it partly his accent?

No it's not his accent at all.

I have no problem wif yer Lahndahn squire. It seems to be a combo of his delivery and the micing up. I think he is putting on his best geezer but it's a bit too much luvs.

I think the Director should have reined him back a bit.

You wouldn't get much more Lahndahn than wot Tel and Arfur woz and there weren't no way wot I couldn't understand them two.

Knahwaddamean mate?

This series is growing quite nicely. Didn't think the first episode was too great; the second was better and I really enjoyed the third one (Banksy).

Now I've switched off from comparing it to the original, I'm enjoying it. I do sometimes miss what Shane Richie says though, and often it's a punchline. I think you're right... he needs reigning in a bit.

I've been watching a lot of the original series recently, and George Cole is just brilliant. I missed it the first time around, so I'm loving it.

Quote: catskillz @ February 21 2009, 12:14 AM GMT

I missed it the first time around, so I'm loving it.

Really? You must be so young. :D Are you watching the new series too?
I try not to compare them because the old series will easily come out on top; largely due to the presence of George Cole. Cool

The Dennis Waterman character is getting a lot better.