Limmy's Show! Page 2

I get you. But I don't think you 'get' what chipolata meant, or what I was trying to explain.

Right.

I agree that it doesn't matter where the comedy is from, funny is funny. Yeah there may be references and vocabulary we don't quite get but as long as that isn't all the show is about then it doesn't matter.

I've been watching the old, brilliant Australian comedy The Late Show and there are references and words used on that I don't know about but it doesn't take away from the main jokes and sketches.

For something more recent, think about the references in The Office and Extras, very UK specific, but this didn't take away from the shows' popularity overseas.

Bump.

Episode 4 airing Monday 1st February on:

BBC Scotland (Sky Channel 990)
BBC iPlayer

I keep on forgetting about this but I'll catch it on the iPlayer, or on Monday night, if I remember.

I keep on forgetting about this but I'll catch it on the iPlayer, or on Monday night, if I remember.

What a load of rubbish.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ February 18 2011, 9:28 AM GMT

What a load of rubbish.

I thought it was excellent. Best sketch show on British television by miles. This show should be networked, it's phenomenal, and dare I say, it's shaping up to be better than the first series. Limmy is so unique and innovative compared to the likes of Armstrong and Miller, but I'm guessing the fact that Limmy wasn't in the Cambridge Footlights, goes against him. Whatever.

Quote: paul f @ February 18 2011, 11:16 AM GMT

I thought it was excellent. Best sketch show on British television by miles. This show should be networked, it's phenomenal, and dare I say, it's shaping up to be better than the first series. Limmy is so unique and innovative compared to the likes of Armstrong and Miller, but I'm guessing the fact that Limmy wasn't in the Cambridge Footlights, goes against him. Whatever.

You have no idea what you are talking about!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ February 18 2011, 2:40 PM GMT

You have no idea what you are talking about!

By jove! You are by far, the most analytical chap I have ever came across. So very concise with it as well!

Quote: paul f @ February 18 2011, 3:14 PM GMT

By jove! You are by far, the most analytical chap I have ever came across. So very concise with it as well!

Thank you!

Quote: paul f @ February 18 2011, 11:16 AM GMT

Totally agree Paul.

Dee Dee is the star of this show . . . his trip to Yoker this week outdid the one to the moon last week . . . also enjoying the Paraside spiritualist . . .

At some point, I'll analyse why this is so good, but at the moment am just happy to watch it and love it. I was the only one in my household who laughed at it. The sketch in which he realises that his girlfrined Sarah is in fact 'an old man' from the first series makes me laugh so hard I could burst. The magic picture frame that fails to impress the dad in this new one did the same, and as for the Tina Turners in the last one, well...Dee dee in Yoker, yes - the writing, the performances, the visuals, the locations...just lapping it all up, I am.

I haven't watched this on TV but I've been keeping up with most of it via YouTube. What makes it worth watching is the real sense of authorship about it - it looks like the guy's been allowed to do what he wants and it's resulted in a very unique product. I wish there were more of this happening in comedy right now.