Limmy's Show!

I'd be plugging this even if I wasn't in it.

Limmy's Show! is a new comedy pilot on the telly this week.

Wednesday 18th February, 10pm on BBC Two Scotland (rest of UK: Sky 990 / Freesat 970).

It's repeated on Monday 23rd February, 11:15pm on BBC1 Scotland (rest of UK: Sky 971 / Freesat 960).

You can also watch it on the BBC iPlayer.

I say watch it if you can cos it's very funny.

http://www.limmy.com/show

It's tonight!

Is this thread just going to be you talking to yourself? :)

Is it a comedy English people can enjoy as well? Or just Scots?

About time Limmy got his TV showcase. A guy I know turned me on to him having used him in a music video. His website alone is superb. You've probably been forwarded bits of it before - the sweary xylophone for instance. Looking forward to the show.

Quote: chipolata @ February 18 2009, 11:38 AM GMT

I'm sure English folk will find much to enjoy as well as those north of the border :O)

If we can understand any of it.

Well I didn't laugh, and it needed real concentration to understand most of the time, but I did quite enjoy it.

Drat! I missed it but have set the Sky+ for the repeat.

Enjoyed it.

Hit and miss like most sketch shows.

Nice to have something out of Scotland that isn't the same show re-invented over and over.

I actually laughed at this twice. Which I was surprised at because I've always hated everything he's done on-line.

I laughed at the businessman shoplifter sketch.

And the guy who's mum had her head kicked in.

I still don't like the Limmy character, there's nothing funny there.

And it was good to see Raymond Mearns on the telly. He's a really good stand up.

Quote: chipolata @ February 18 2009, 11:38 AM GMT

Is this thread just going to be you talking to yourself? :)

Why would it be a comedy that only Scots could enjoy? That doesn't make much sense.

Because of the language. Social references. Language patterns. Etc.

Liked the mirror monologue, and the multiple dream sequence. Generally good stuff all round.

Quote: Aaron @ February 19 2009, 9:31 PM GMT

Because of the language. Social references. Language patterns. Etc.

You could say that about any show though!

Yes you could. But since this thread is about Limmy's Show!, it was said about Limmy's Show!. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ February 19 2009, 9:54 PM GMT

Yes you could. But since this thread is about Limmy's Show!, it was said about Limmy's Show!. ;)

Erm, I don't think you quite understand :S Is EastEnders a show that only people from the East of London can enjoy? Brookside - Liverpool? Still Game - Glasgow? The comedy stylings of Lenny Henry? Birmingam? Get me? Probably not.