Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 27

I fell out when Lee popped up from behind the couch. Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
Another really good show, mucho laughs. I'm getting convinced that it's the pacing of the show that helps make it so enjoyable... good writing but even better execution. :D

This series has been brilliant so far probably the strongest so far. Sally Bretton is far more comfortable in the role this series and has been great as has Miranda Hart. But I think the series is really benefitting from having more Tim Vine in it. Lee and Tim sparkle together. I wonder why Tim Vine hasn't contributed to an episode. Didn't he and Lee do some writing on The Sketch Show?

Yeap. Really enjoying this. This is the first series of this I have watched. Great pace to it.

One minor point, that has nothing to do with the comedy or writing or anything apart from my OCD mind. I just wish they would bloody well shut the flat door. Does anyone go about their lives in their home with the front door open?

Another great episode. I'm loving my Friday nights in with Not Going Out.

Quote: cylon6 @ February 14 2009, 10:00 AM GMT

But I think the series is really benefitting from having more Tim Vine in it. Lee and Tim sparkle together.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. They seem to be getting the balance right this series. More Tim Vine, less Miranda Hart (although I actually like the cleaner as character much more now). I adore Daisy too.
It's just a joy to watch.

Daisy is great!

Really enjoyed the episode, despite having already seen it on the TV screens when I went to watch next week's episode being recorded.
I'm 'really' looking forward to next week's... not only so I can listen for my own voice laughing :D but because there is one absolute 'classic' moment that I know everyone will be talking about next week. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ February 14 2009, 4:54 PM GMT

Really enjoyed the episode, despite having already seen it on the TV screens when I went to watch next week's episode being recorded.
I'm 'really' looking forward to next week's... not only so I can listen for my own voice laughing :D but because there is one absolute 'classic' moment that I know everyone will be talking about next week. Whistling nnocently

Thanks Rustle, I'll be in suspense all week now!!

Another great episode last night. Agree that more Tim and Lee moments are making this series much better. Also think Daisy is a super character and very well played.
I too always notice when the flat door is left open now! Why?

Stan

Alun Cochrane's cameo made me smile. Huh?

Another good episode.

Quote: bigfella @ February 14 2009, 11:12 AM GMT

Yeap. Really enjoying this. This is the first series of this I have watched. Great pace to it.

One minor point, that has nothing to do with the comedy or writing or anything apart from my OCD mind. I just wish they would bloody well shut the flat door. Does anyone go about their lives in their home with the front door open?

Laughing out loud Jeez I noticed that too! They never shut that freaking door! I kept pointing it out but people around me weren't too bothered. It just smacks of a studio and loses a sense of realism and authenticity for me.

Quote: bigfella @ February 14 2009, 11:12 AM GMT

Go back through the previous series threads. They've actually started writing directions in the script to close the door, based on our bitching about it being left open all the time - so what you see now is an improvement!

Quote: charlier @ February 14 2009, 6:05 PM GMT

Alun Cochrane's cameo made me smile. Huh?

Yes, I noticed him and was much enjoyed by it also.

Another great episode. Plenty of laugh-out-louds for me. :)

Loving this series, it's brilliant. Anyone else watch it again straight after Jonathan Ross or just me? Lol. Watched the first two episodes at least six times allready, lost count. :D
This looks like being the best series so far IMHO. Any chance this will ever be released on Blu-ray like Extras The Special? That would be great.

Quote: Dellboy @ February 14 2009, 10:43 PM GMT

Any chance this will ever be released on Blu-ray

Highly likely.

Now a well-established really good show this. What is nice it that it really feels like a quintessentially British sitcom.

This show is a breath of old fashioned fresh air.
It does what it says on the tin - makes you laugh.
I especially like the recurring door being open gag.

I think this show is waiting to be discovered. It only gets around 3 million and it deserves more viewers.