Once Upon A Time In Peckham - should it happen? Page 2

Either make some new Fools with the proper grown up cast (if he really wants to go back to that) or don't bother, would be my opinion.

Can't see why Del can't be ducking and diving in his 70s.

Isn't there always a point where writers cease to relevant? And John Sullivan past that point a while back. It happens to everyone - they just stop being interesting.

Quote: bighead65 @ February 11 2009, 1:03 PM GMT

I'd like to see something completely new by John Sullivan.

Yeah - agree with that.

I think John Sullivan should try his hand at a comedy set in the past - he's not exactly got his finger on the pulse any more to do a new 'current' comedy.

What is "current" comedy exactly? Is it anything that mentions Facebook?

I still want to see this. There isn't any way it can tarnish Only Fools but I do think it's a do-able concept, as long as whoever plays Delboy is a million times better than the kid who was 'grown up' Damien in OFAH.

As for John Sullivan, I don't particularly care if he's "current". There are lots of shows out at the moment. Some are great, like Lead Balloon, Gavin & Stacey or Not Going Out. Some, like Hyperdrive, Saxondale, the shitty one about the chemistry lab, etc spend too much time trying to be clever and very little time being funny or interesting. Some, like Life of Riley and The Old Guys at the moment just look tired in concept and execution. There is no "current", only funny and unfunny.

Ready through this thread I'd actually quite like to see this made. I know I've just contradicted previous posts but people can have a change of mind, can't they?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1167524/Ere-Del-theyre-bringing-Fools-And-Horses--aint-it.html

Bit more information on this.

It definitely sounds interesting and I would guess that the BBC would be very interested as it would be pretty much guaranteed good viewing figures to begin with.

I would look forward to it with great apprehension though...

It's all a bit desperate. Like Galton & Simpson rehashing old scripts for the umpteenth time, trying to recapture the past when they were funny, inventive and successful. I think JS is stuck in the groove now.

This series could work, but I can't imagine it being much stronger than The Green Green Grass. Will he sing the theme tune, one wonders (getting a bit 'Waterman' now...

Quote: bigfella @ April 5 2009, 3:03 PM BST

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1167524/Ere-Del-theyre-bringing-Fools-And-Horses--aint-it.html

Love OFAH, but this sounds shit. Lindhurst as a gangster! I'm not convinced, sounds like more Goodnight Sweetheart or something, which was bollocks.

Quote: bigfella @ April 5 2009, 3:03 PM BST

I thought Del Boy and Rodney had different fathers?

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 5 2009, 5:31 PM BST

I'm not convinced, sounds like more Goodnight Sweetheart or something, which was bollocks.

I liked that! It went a bit downhill in the last couple of series though.

Quote: Ben @ April 5 2009, 6:08 PM BST

I liked that!

I didn't!

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 5 2009, 6:11 PM BST

I didn't!

You were too busy living the mid-1990s dream.

Quote: Ben @ April 5 2009, 6:12 PM BST

You were too busy living the mid 90s dream.

Ha! Maybe. My mum and dad liked it though, more their thing.