Vince Powell Autobiography

I have just noticed that comedy writer Vince Powell has written an autobiography titled 'From Rags to Gags' It came out in October last year. It looks quite a good read:
[p=http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/6404808/From-Rags-to-Gags/Product.html]

I actually got a preview copy of this in May, and although I'm a lazy bastard and didn't read that much of it, what I did was very good. I do recommend it.

See Amazon product listing

I know it sounds a bit childish, but are there any pictures and if so are there any of Harry Driver as I've always wondered what he looked like.
Likewise, is there an index page as I enjoy just skimming indexes and finding anyhing that takes my eye.

Well I'm guessing that the picture on the front cover is him!

The version that I got wasn't actually complete yet, but didn't have any pictures. It's possible that the final version does.

That's Vince Powell on the front, I've always known what he looks like, I wanted to know what Harry Driver looks like. Does your version have an index page?

Ahh, duh of course. >_<

No, it doesn't.

Just came today and there are some pictures in it. Just had a flick through the pages before I went to work and there are some fascinating anecdotes in there, I'm very excited to get reading it, so much so, I'm putting a thrilling book about trying to work out who Jack the Ripper was (my money's on Montague John Druitt) to one side.

Well bugger me, Vince Powell is a psydonmym, his real name is Vince Smith.
Enjoying the book, shame he's a bit of an old fuddy duddy in some places, but reading some fantastic anecdotes.

Well, it wouldn't really appeal to that many people, but for somebody whose watched many of his sitcoms and got an interest in ITV sitcoms, then it is great, but wouldn't really appeal to the average person.

Ever get that really annoying feeling, when you're reading a book and you're right in the middle, the most exciting part in this book, and you can't remember where you've put it?

I've found it, it was in my work bag. Phew.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 27 2009, 6:24 PM GMT

Ever get that really annoying feeling, when you're reading a book and you're right in the middle, the most exciting part in this book, and you can't remember where you've put it?

Well, leave the exciting middle part inside the book and it'll always be there every time you pick up the book.

I've finished the book now, I really enjoyed it, learnt some great anecdotes and a good entertaining read.