No Signal - FX Sketch Show

Morning all,
Has anyone heard anything about a show called "No Signal"?
It keeps getting advertised on the FX channel?
I think its a sketch show so it might not belong on here!
I'm just a bit curious as the ads appear to feature fake adverts/clips which kind blows the current pitch I'm hawking round the usual places....

Teary

Try here...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/no_signal/

Def.

Bugger. That's a lot like the thing I was going to pitch on Friday.
Better go back to the drawing board. I'll be watching that on Feb 5th, hope they've done the multichannel parody justice!

Pirate

Quote: ADuck @ January 20 2009, 10:04 AM GMT

I'll be watching that on Feb 5th, hope they've done the multichannel parody justice!

Pirate

Hasn't Kevin Bishop just done that show?

Yeah, I was going for a larger cast of made up shows without exact celebrity impressions that Bishop does (badly!!)

I'm pitching to an independent company through a very tenuous link a friend mentioned that I grabbed with both hands and refused to let go until I was allowed a name and number!!

If I'm successful I'll happily share the info with fellow boarders!!

Actually I just found this, its a No Signal game?? FX must be taking it seriously if they're spending cash on making virals for it? http://www.thegameslist.com/game/3992/Rural_Rampage

Wave

Quote: Griff @ January 20 2009, 10:25 AM GMT

Well done ADuck, that's the way to do it!

Yeah, I do need a new friend however and does anyone know the best way to get rid of a body?

Wave

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 20 2009, 10:06 AM GMT

Hasn't Kevin Bishop just done that show?

Yep.

A reminder to all that this starts in 25 minutes. From the trailer I've just seen, it's pretty much The Kevin Bishop Show exactly - complete with the Sky channel popups.

COMEDY: No Signal
On: FX
Date: Thursday 5th February 2009
Time: 22:00 to 22:30

Ever sit there flicking through countless satellite channels unable to find anything worth watching? Then No Signal is the show for you: a subverted, satirical sketch show that reflects modern TV through a warped mirror. Brilliantly observed and razor sharp, No Signal is how multichannel TV could be a year, a month, a minute or even a second from now. As it channel-hops you through its twisted view of the world of satellite television, every programme genre from documentaries and reality to 24-hour rolling news and even kids' shows are given a cynical and viciously funny makeover. You'll not view TV the same way again.

That's channel 164 on Sky.

Well, that was surprisingly good. Very very similar to The Kevin Bishop Show in presentation, but where that tended to be impressions and spoof based of specific programmes, No Signal was more along a theme - that is, the kind of thing which would be on the channel, rather than spoofing a specific, real programme on it.

So, I thought it quite clever on the whole. I got a bit distracted I must admit, so will need to re-watch, but really not too bad.

The credits though... It's like they are actively fighting against getting any publicity.

You'd definitely have more laughs if you spun through randomly chosen channels on Sky than this tired collection of easy targets. One think you can say for the Kevin Bishop Show is it didn't hang around too long. Some of the sketches on this were way too long - which considering it was written, produced and directed (and indeed shot) by a couple of advertising copywriters is a particular crime.

I enjoyed this, although I was surprised it had all Sky visuals that Kevin Bishop used - didn't the Broken News do the same? I guess the cable-hopping spoof is a new genre in sketch comedy.

There were some good sketches in there, I remember laughing at a few of them. Worth another watch.