Definitive sitcom episodes? Page 6

Quote: sootyj @ January 26 2009, 1:38 PM GMT

Steptoe and Son, the one where they become actors.

Love that Steptoe episode, pure genius.

The "poloponies" line that Albert mispronounces when he's reading a script always makes me smile.

Quote: sootyj @ January 26 2009, 1:38 PM GMT

That final one was such an example of FT building amazing characters and never using them again. Wow that's some confidence.

Ah! The genius of Father Ted!

I love it in the last episode when Ted dances to Shaft and makes the depressed priest feel good about the world again, until he hears Radiohead on the bus later.
Also the montage tribute to Dermot Morgan is the perfect end- "Goodnight, Ted!"

Quote: Griff @ January 24 2009, 12:42 PM GMT

Actually I like the funny bits of The Archers they are just few and far between.

If we are mentioning The Archers then I think that the episode where Todd came out as gay was funnier than the funniest episodes of most sitcoms.

Truly Griff is firm but fair and most thorough.

You haven't watched Song for Europe! That's like never having been kissed, drunk a beer or robbed a lady boy.

Awww, I envy you being able to watch them for the first time. The joy!!

Have you got to the caravaning holiday yet?

If it counts, the last episode of Blackadder would be my vote.

My apalogees

I think I actually fell off the sofa laughing the first time I saw Song for Europe, so my advice is to stay low to the ground! :)

I beat Griff with a count of four! \o/

Lose the sax solo.

Quote: sootyj @ January 30 2009, 9:57 PM GMT

Lose the sax solo.

:D

Quote: Griff @ January 30 2009, 9:54 PM GMT

Sorry Aaron I'm now equal with you on four! I've just watched "Song For Europe". And very funny it was too. "My lovely horse, you're a pony no more..."

Which are the other three?

Getting back to the point of the thread..

I always loved that episode of Only Fools & Horses where Delboy had a crazy scheme to make money, and it seemed to be going well but right near the end it blew up in his face somehow.

Does anyone remember the name of that one ?