'Yow've betrayed me Titania !'

:D

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 24 2009, 8:51 PM GMT

'Yow've betrayed me Titania !'

:D

Good...but I see that and raise yow..

"The cleek of the cheeps Barriee"

The peerless 'Aizel in series two

AWP Series 1 - absolutely great. Very much of it's time when if you were a skilled tradesman, particularly from the North, you had to go overseas to find work. My cousin (who's a chippy) spent quite a bit of time in Germany in the 1980s.

Does anyone remember when ITV repeated Series 1, splitting the episodes up into half hour sitcom length and putting them out around 7pm? Given the transmission time, I remember they had to heavily edit the episode where Oz goes of looking for a prostitute, to the extent that it made little sense.

Yeah. It was heavily dubbed too...

Quote: Rosco @ January 22 2007, 4:27 PM GMT

The 1st 2 seasons set in Germany were great. Wasn't the same when they went to Spain.

Wasn't Spain the second series ?
I didn't realise they'd made so many.

The second series weas in Spain. Then I think 3 was in South America, 4 in North America and the 5th one in cuba - although I'm willing to be corrected.

(Thats probably wrong but Spain was definitely 2nd)

Quote: David Chapman @ January 25 2009, 11:06 PM GMT

The second series weas in Spain. Then I think 3 was in South America, 4 in North America and the 5th one in cuba - although I'm willing to be corrected.

Nearly right. :)

Series 1 was Germany
Series 2 was Derbyshire then Spain
Series 3 was Middlesborough then North America
Series 4 was Russia then Cuba
Series 5 (a two-parter) Laos then Bangkok

Anorak alert!! Lol

Play.com have the series 1 & 2 Boxset for just £13.99. That's something like 26 episodes which seems like good value to me. I've never watched this show before though. Is it worth a blind purchase?

Def.

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you take a punt on it.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 24 2009, 10:01 PM GMT

Good...but I see that and raise yow..

"The cleek of the cheeps Barriee"

The peerless 'Aizel in series two

And I raise you this, also from series 2...

Oz: Right, me and moxie'll get the beer and the bog rolls. You and Nev can get the rest.
Barry: That doesn't seem very fair!
Oz: Does it not? Well, tough shit!

The real art of shopping. :D

Quote: Deferenz @ January 26 2009, 10:06 AM GMT

Play.com have the series 1 & 2 Boxset for just £13.99. That's something like 26 episodes which seems like good value to me. I've never watched this show before though. Is it worth a blind purchase?

Def.

Or Amazon have it for £13.98.

See Amazon product listing
[h=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6080344/Product.html]

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 24 2009, 3:56 PM GMT

I've got the DVDs of series 1 & 2 well worth the dosh and can be picked up now for Under £14!!!!!

*sobs* They cost me over £40 quid and I thought that that was a bargain a couple of years ago.

Check this!!!!

Here! am I bleedin' invisible or summink?

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 26 2009, 5:28 PM GMT

Here! am I bleedin' invisible or summink?

Huh?

Who said that?!

I'm in the same situation as Blenkinsop, in that I bought the box-sets (big box-sets too - designed like something a brickie would carry about) for a similar price when they first came out. At the current price, they're an absolute bargain and well worth a blind purchase.

I recommend them both too. I have the big boxes too but I wouldn't swap them.