Pulling - Series 1 & 2 Page 15

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2009, 5:54 PM GMT

I never saw Pulling but I'm really keen to see it, everyone who I trust says it's ace.

Do. Pulling is great. I can almost see why BBC Three have cancelled it, because it highlights just how bad Coming Of Age, Grownups etc are. It's still no excuse though. Axing it was the worst commissioning decision of last year in my view (I'll repeat it again, in my view Danny Cohen is an idiot of the highest order).

It's interesting to hear people were put off by the title and channel it is on. BBC Three may not be a natural home for it, but I can't understand why they don't just move it to BBC Two/BBC Four instead of cancelling it - they're basically throwing away a hit, award-winning sitcom! The creators have been quite open in saying they'd have liked to have done more.

I loved this. Back to back episodes the other night were great.

Quote: Mark @ January 17 2009, 2:10 PM GMT

It's interesting to hear people were put off by the title and channel it is on. BBC Three may not be a natural home for it, but I can't understand why they don't just move it to BBC Two/BBC Four instead of cancelling it - they're basically throwing away a hit, award-winning sitcom! The creators have been quite open in saying they'd have liked to have done more.

Why couldn't Channel 4 have picked it up?

Cos they've got no money at all.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 19 2009, 12:00 PM GMT

Cos they've got no money at all.

Yeah, I forgot about that. Although it is frustrating that a proven sitcom is ditched, while the BBC will spend millions this year launching new shows, a great many of which will die on their arse.

Quote: Mark @ January 17 2009, 2:10 PM GMT

Do. Pulling is great. I can almost see why BBC Three have cancelled it, because it highlights just how bad Coming Of Age, Grownups etc are. It's still no excuse though. Axing it was the worst commissioning decision of last year in my view (I'll repeat it again, in my view Danny Cohen is an idiot of the highest order).

Wow. I'd never seen it like that before, you're absolutely right!
Pulling was really funny! I'm not a channel director, but cancelling an award winning sitcom seems like a really stupid move?

Oh well, theres another reason not to watch BBC Three. (Never mind fellas, EastEnders repeats will keep you in audience for a bit longer!)

As someone who writes sitcoms it is really worrying to think that you could produce something as good as Pulling (not a classic exactly but not far off) and still get it cancelled.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ January 24 2009, 12:29 PM GMT

As someone who writes sitcoms it is really worrying to think that you could produce something as good as Pulling (not a classic exactly but not far off) and still get it cancelled.

From what I've read it seems they've cancelled it because they've made BBC Three really shi..I mean "youth orientated" meaning anyone over 18 is instantly meant to like BBC Four. Like what they did to Radio 1 to make Radio 2 really popular.

I think Sharon Horgan has a "first look" contract with them for her future projects, just not "Pulling".

Radio 1 are getting some stick because they're not hitting the youth demographic. Maybe they would if the good stuff didn't come on until 7pm.

I never watched this first time around and then one night when channel hopping came across it - they were showing the whole first series in one go starting at about 11pm. I intended just to watch one to see what it was about and ended up watching the whole lot until gone 2am! I then watched the whole second series and got the DVD of series one for my friend who I knew would just love it! Can anyone tell me if/when series 2 will be on DVD?

Quote: Nixy @ March 7 2009, 7:08 PM GMT

Can anyone tell me if/when series 2 will be on DVD?

There is no news of the series two DVD yet. I suspect they will wait for the final special to be broadcast first, so they can include that on the disc too.

Keep an eye on this page as we will add the DVD as soon as it is announced: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/pulling/buy/

(or alternatively our coming soon list, which lists all the forthcoming DVDs)

This series was brilliant- they really ought to have allowed a further series.
But then again, with Carl off to Italy ("Italy or France Carl, which is it??") its neat point to wind it up. I wonder what the special will hold..

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 8 2009, 6:56 PM GMT

I wonder what the special will hold..

We already have a guide to the special online. See here if you want to know what is in store: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/pulling/episodes/2009/
(warning: potential spoilers alert on the above page)

As they know this is going to be the final episode I think we can expect all loose ends to be tied up.

How many series does Pulling have?
I'm in Oz and it's new here but you can only see it on pay TV.
I think it's the best sitcom out at the moment but living in Oz you can't expect much when it comes to comedy sitcoms, too f**king Americanised over here and the Aussies' idea of great comedy here is Two And A Half Men, Friends, Seinfeld... Really lame crap.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/pulling/episodes/

There are 'officially' six episodes in each of the first two series, but I'm pretty sure the very first two were shown as a double-episode hour special (and are supposed to stand up like that).

Hope that helps

Dan