The Old Guys - Series 1 Page 2

Sam Janus?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 15 2009, 10:33 AM GMT

Sam Janus?

For another two points. You're goood! :)

Quote: Mark @ January 14 2009, 10:30 PM GMT

This forthcoming sitcom has 'hit' written all over it. A great writing team and a great cast:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_old_guys/

Starts at the end of the month. More than likely in the Friday 9:30pm slot from the 30th Jan (although that's not confirmed yet).

Just looked at the link, worth a watch, although judging from the picture with Jane Asher and the annoying foghorn woman from the IT Crowd I guess they're keeping the the sexy neighbour under wraps?...

Unimpressed

I might watch, but I'm put off by Clive Swift after his attitude in Doctor Who Magazine.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ January 15 2009, 12:47 PM GMT

I might watch, but I'm put off by Clive Swift after his attitude in Doctor Who Magazine.

Sadly, I know what you're talking about. And I agree. He came across like a complete c**t.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 15 2009, 12:51 PM GMT

Sadly, I know what you're talking about. And I agree. He came across like a complete c**t.

What was the gist of his 'beef'?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 15 2009, 12:57 PM GMT

What was the gist of his 'beef'?

He was just completely rude and disparaging about the show and was obnoxious and plain nasty to the bloke interviewing him. Just made himself look like a c**t.

Clive Swift was in Revelation of the Daleks as Mr. Joyboy? F**k him, he was shit anyway.

I see The Old Guys has been repackaged as a BBC One vehicle. Proof that the original script was an empty cupboard. I predict that it will be a big hit however.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 16 2009, 12:51 PM GMT

Clive Swift was in Revelation of the Daleks as Mr. Joyboy? F**k him, he was shit anyway.

So he was, I'd forgotten that; though the interview in question is from when he was in the Kylie starring, flying Titanic sporting, Christmas special turkey.

Wow, I didn't even notice him in the Voyage of the Damned special. He'll be in the last page of the appendix of the Who Actors guide then. (There isn't an appendix).

Quote: Marc P @ January 14 2009, 10:33 PM GMT

Was there a film with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon lusting over a woman recentlyish? And a sequel?

Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men.

I'll try and watch this. I tried this one too. I hope they didn't nick any of my stuff!

As it's now been delayed, when is it going start?

No idea. But you know where to find out. :)

Quote: Marc P @ January 14 2009, 10:33 PM GMT

Was there a film with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon lusting over a woman recentlyish? And a sequel?

Not that recently as they've both been dead 8 years plus. Grumpier old men was 1995 so, as the say goes, time flies...