DVD Bargains Page 13

Just seen the Steptoe and Son Box Set series 1-8 plus Christmas specials on ebay, buy it now for £39.99 with free p&p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steptoe-And-Son-Complete-Box-Set-Inc-Christmas-Specials_W0QQitemZ140279547210QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item140279547210&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Or you could get it on Amazon for £30.27.

Or even HMV for £34.99.

Perhaps Play.com for £29.99?

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3441141/Steptoe-Son-Complete-Box-Set/Product.html]
[h=706440]

Oh, I need to learn to shop around.

Especially when Amazon, Play and HMV earn us cash to keep the BSG running! :P

Quote: Aaron @ December 14 2008, 11:09 PM GMT

Especially when Amazon, Play and HMV earn us cash to keep the BSG running! :P

Ah, that I didn't know. Well I will restrict my internet shopping to those 3 sites, when possible, from now on then.

And through our magical links!

Of course.

Quote: Aaron @ December 14 2008, 11:46 PM GMT

And through our magical links!

Hmm...

I buy most of my stuff from Play.com. Am I right in thinking that if we click on one of the links here and purchase, the BSG gets some cash? If so could we not tell you want we want to purchase and then you can create the magic link and therefore everyones a winner?

Def.

Correctamundo.

Links now seem to have Play at £47.99 and HMV at £29.99 !

Downside is in my experience BBC box sets are total crap when it comes to packaging / sleeve notes etc. !

Take the Hancock box set (which I have) . . not even an episode list unless you take the DVD out and read what's underneath !

What SFB came up with that ???

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 22 2008, 9:24 PM GMT

Links now seem to have Play at £47.99 and HMV at £29.99 !

Downside is in my experience BBC box sets are total crap when it comes to packaging / sleeve notes etc. !

Take the Hancock box set (which I have) . . not even an episode list unless you take the DVD out and read what's underneath !

What SFB came up with that ???

That's the same thing with my Blackadder box set. It's annoying.

If you're talking about the Steptoe box set, the only similarity to the Hancock one is the kind of slight-gloss/laminate finish that the cardboard packaging has.

Quote: Aaron @ December 22 2008, 9:57 PM GMT

If you're talking about the Steptoe box set, the only similarity to the Hancock one is the kind of slight-gloss/laminate finish that the cardboard packaging has.

What? Are you saying that the box set has episode listings and summaries like the individuals do?

If so, although I've got the individuals, I might be tempted for the sake of, well, neatness!

I've not got it here to double check. It has full listings, definitely. Just not certain on summaries.

Moving Wallpaper - Season One

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3595119/Moving-Wallpaper-Season-One/Product.html]
[h=755055]

Amazon: £3.98
Play: £3.99

(P&P applies at Amazon unless you can find another £1 to spend.)