Blackadder Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ November 2 2007, 10:21 PM BST

Ditto that. It's a special. The making of thing is a "behind the scenes" special, of the special.

Other specials include Blackadder's Christmas Carol, and The Cavalier Years.

I've got it on Region 1 DVD which appears to be the original unedited broadcast version . . . I remembered a gag when I first saw it about Baldrick saying that they're going to nail up the dog playing baby Jesus at Easter, only to never see it again in all further UK broadcasts or Video releases and began to think I'd imagined it . . .

Ah interesting. Well. BCC is also on a few times this year, so I'll try and look out for that one.

Quote: Aaron @ December 8 2008, 10:10 PM GMT

Ah interesting. Well. BCC is also on a few times this year, so I'll try and look out for that one.

It's kind of a weird noticeable cut as the studio audience is reacting a bit more hysterically to the new "punch line".

Any idea what the new line is?

It wasn't a new line, it was the audience reacting to Baldrick saying nail up the dog with the line no longer present so it seems a bit of an overreaction to Baldrick now final line of putting on a play at Easter.

Ah, I thought you were saying that they'd replaced the line, rather than just cut it completely.

I have never seen Blackadder before, I will have to see it sometime though because everyone says how good it is

Quote: alison2345 @ December 12 2008, 2:15 PM GMT

I have never seen Blackadder before, I will have to see it sometime though because everyone says how good it is

:O There has got to be a law against that.

Plus, Blackadder himself is one of the greatest characters ever, ever, ever.

But not the snivelly one in the first series.

Yes.

No.

Maybe?

Perhaps.

The best Blackadder was the second, what a bastard.