The Royle Family Christmas 2008

SITCOM: The Royle Family
On: BBC One
Date: Thursday 25th December 2008
Time: 21:30 to 22:30

Festive special of the inspirational family sitcom. Inspired by Nigella Lawson, Denise decides to cook Christmas dinner for the family. Jim provides the yuletide log and, much to his dismay, Dave's Mum and Dad are invited to join in with the festivities. What could possibly go wrong?

AFAIK this is new. And it's the only new sitcom on on Christmas Day. Jay Hunt, you suck. You suck more than a Dyson in a gang bang with Hoover at Electrolux's house.

Apparently there's no Ralf Little though.

Very excited. Apparantly it is just going to be like the old ones, where they sit round the telly and entertain us with terrific dialogue and none of this awful 'dramatic' stuff that we had to watch during the awful Queen Of Sheba.

Oh good.
That actually doesn't sound too bad then.

What was wrong with the Queen of Sheba? She can't win can she!

There were some extremely funny parts in the episode.

Yeah, inbetween the dramatic stuff, which is the bit I believe he was saying was shite. :)

Well you can't just laugh at Liz Smith dying you know. She is a National Treasure!

The notion that there was some funny stuff in The Royle Family is newsworthy alone.

Quote: David Chapman @ December 8 2008, 10:05 PM GMT

What was wrong with the Queen of Sheba? She can't win can she!

There were some extremely funny parts in the episode.

Don't agree. It was poor, didn't really find much to laugh at. The Royles are best just sat on the sofa watching telly and talking. Thank goodness we will be treated to that this Christmas.

And what's wrong with The Royle Family Aaron?

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 8 2008, 10:11 PM GMT

And what's wrong with The Royle Family Aaron?

I just don't find it funny. Entertaining perhaps (although would be greatly improved by the speedy execution of that terrible Cash bloke), but not funny.

I suppose it would appeal more to your northern person.

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 8 2008, 10:14 PM GMT

I don't think Aaron has a northern person.

I thought Queen of Sheba was the best bit of British telly of its year, by the way.

Quote: Aaron @ December 8 2008, 10:13 PM GMT

I just don't find it funny. Entertaining perhaps (although would be greatly improved by the speedy execution of that terrible Cash bloke), but not funny.

Really? He speaks really highly of you :D

I'd love a continuation of the old series 2 format, as Queen of Sheba was "over trying" with no defined plot of feel of involvement from a viewer's perspective.

The traditional episodes of TRF were simple, but worked really well. Those moments of silence as the camera panned around the lounge were "priceless" .. don't think they could ever work again in any other setting or with any other cast/series.

In my opinion, TRF was both entertaining and very funny in the right frequency.

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 8 2008, 10:14 PM GMT

Or people persons?