More great releases from Network to come Page 2

Hopefully as love Second Thoughts, Watching and Surgical Spirit. Hopefully the before 2009 indicates that 2009 will see a release of some if not all.

But IMO if they are wary of putting out remining series of Second Thoughts or Surigical Spirt why not just release the rest as a boxset... Anyway getting carried away they may still happen in 09.

btw cheers for enquiring :)

A box set is an even greater financial risk for them.

Quote: Aaron @ August 21 2008, 7:50 PM BST

A box set is an even greater financial risk for them.

Suppose it would be but if they only did a limited run of roughly the number of S 1 DVD's sold.....oh who am I kidding it will never happen.

And still. Get Some In! Series 2 is soon to come out but the Network release I can't wait for is The Galton & Simpson Playhouse, a Seven Of One style series in which seven one-off episodes are written by Galton and Simpson. Highlights of these include Richard Briers taking his wife to a wife swapping party without her noticing, and Leonard Rossiter starring in the brilliant I Tell You It's Burt Reynolds which I've seen the Paul Merton remake of and was very impressed. But the one I'm really looking forward for is Car Along The Pass where Arthur Lowe, my all time favourite comic actor, goes on holiday to the Austrian Alps and a German tries a conversation with him:
"I'm Heinze from Baden Baden."
"Oh yes, I'm Duckworth from Twickenham Twickenham."

Edited by Aaron.

Wow. Thanks Jack. Just had a look and there are some really good releases coming up from Network. Particularly looking forward to Two's Company Series 2, myself. :)

That is a show where I wouldn't mind getting the first series to see what it is like. I've seen the christmas special, but don't remember much about it. May get the first series, it looks very good and with a bit of watching, I could see myself likeing it.

Yes, I think you'd like it. Very good show IMO. :)

Looking forward to The Galton & Simpson Playhouse to be released, it sounds good. :D

I've got the Christmas Special of Two's Company somewhere. I'm going to dig it out and give it another watch tonight to decide whether or not to buy the DVD.

Just watched the Christmas Special. Not Laugh out Loud but extremely well written and well acted. Will definetly be interested in checking out the first series.

Get to it! :)

I've not seen the special, but I love what else of it I've seen.

Another great looking 1960s sitcom Network release coming on the 4th May. Pardon The Expression, Series 1. It stars Arthur Lowe as Leonard Swindley, a character he played in Coronation Street. Here Swindley is given his own sitcom spin-off. Most of the scripts by Powell and Driver. So I'll luck forward to this one, a sitcom starring my all time favourite actor, Arthur Lowe.
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/9246241/-/Product.html]

Ah, brilliant. I have a few episodes, so will be nice to see the rest. :)

Are these few episode any good?

A while since I watched them. Will stick them on again tonight and get back to you! :D