Still Game

This must rank as the best sitcom on TV at the moment in my book and at last nationwide BBC are realising it.After being restricted to BBC Scotland largely for the early series it now gets showed across the whole of the UK.Yes the Scottish accents are strong but for me thats adds to the humour.

Anyone else like Still Game?

Yes I do.

I think it is one of the best, if not the best, sitcom of the current crop.

Excellent scripts, funny stories & situations and excellent acting.

I have seen only the first episode (but I'll get to see few more soon). I quite liked it, despite the accent... or because of it ;)

I’ve just dug up this old thread to let your all know that the new series starts on Thursday the 12th of July at 10 pm

BTW I agree Craig If your still among us, this ranks up there with the best of them for those that haven’t seen it I can best describe it as “funny funny funny”

I love Still Game. There's some real fantastic plots amongst the episodes.

Just in case you haven't seen it we have an 'exclusive' guide to the new series on the site here

Warning: Very minor spoilers contained on page above.

I danced a jog of joy when I read about the new series. I absolutely love the show. As I said in this thread https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/971, it's probably my favourite noughties sitcom and is in my top 2 or 3 of all time.

Quote=Me:
God it's tough. I think overall, it's probably Still Game for me. It's funny, it has great warmth and character, it's developed over several series and it has a great amount of laugh out loud moments. The others all do too, but there's something about Still Game that makes me look forward to each episode that little bit more.

I only watched the first series when I knew I would love it. And I went and ordered the whole box set in amazon.
It turned out to be one of the best purchases I ever made. Loved everything from A to Z.

One thing, though. I need subtitles for this. That's hardly English they are talking ;)

Isn’t it about time they showed the first two series to the English, or wouldn’t we understand them.

And did I see Isa on Cbeebies the other day?

Yeah, she's Granny Murray in "Me Too".

10pm tonight BBC2. I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.

For noobs, they have anglisised this a lot since inception, so please resist dismissal with the language barrier argument. To be fair, it still contains some scenes of a Glaswegian nature, but it's def softer/more accessible than once it was.

Best news I've had all week. This is a superb show and have been looking forward to series 6 for a year now.

Scotland good all scotish comedy what a great sitcom great script great acting cant wait till 10 tonight Scotland

I've seen them filming a couple of times when I went to Glasgow. :P

No Comments about the new series?

I loved the first one in this new run and have sky +ed the second. Perhaps it's a bit too old school looking in some peoples' perceptions but I would urge you to look a bit deeper.

This is right on the money and sharper than a sharp thing that has been extra-sharpened to a very sharp point. It'd have yer eye out no bother.

Brilliant acting, characters and script. I think it pisses over anything current with perhaps only a very few exceptions. As far as I'm concerned it's the best British sitcom on at present by miles.

Gee it a go! Ye'll no' be disappointed.

I totally agree with you,I look forward to it when it comes on & get cheesed off if I miss it.For example I did not see the first episode of this series , so I have been scanning the tv mag to see when the repeat was on.I thought as if Hyperdrive has been repeated during the week maybe Still Game would be,I mean 2 pints is constantly repeated on BBC3 maybe they may be a chance.Of course it was no where to be seen,I also looked at BBC Scotland to no avail.BBC stop this phone rigging & concentrate on showing some decent repeats that we all want to see!