On The Buses actor Reg Varney dies Page 2

He reached a good age.

Rest in peace Reg.

Reg will always be best remembered for his role in On The Buses but he was also a great all-round entertainer and all self-taught. A true gent who always had time for the fans and I am highly grafeful to him as he has given me so many laughs.

Craig

RIP

Did you know he nearly died in the 1960's where he was in a very bad way after a heart-attack. But he got through it and lived for over forty years.

R.I.P Reg, I have put a small message on my BEBO page entitled ''IN MEMORY OF 'ON THE BUSES' ACTOR REG VARNEY, R.I.P, 1916-2008. Reg's death has robbed us of a great talent.

One of Reg's ancestors, played by Reg, in the Valiant Varneys was a major in the British army in India. A colonel dashed up to him and exclaimed 'the natives are revolting!'. 'Yes, if only they'd wash' deadpanned Reg.

I really did love the Valiant Varnies but I wouldn't be able to quote any of it. I was very young at the time!

An unusual resurrection of an old thread I'll grant you but I was visiting Budleigh Salterton today (where Reg Varney spent the last years of his life in a nursing home) and, on the green:

Nice.