Saxondale

I'd be interested to know what other people thought of Steve Coogan's Saxondale, from earlier this year. Although it never scaled the heights of Partridge, and had a lot of faults, I liked it a lot. I thought the central character was really well realised, and the relationship with his girlfriend was quite touching. Does anybody know if it'll get a second series?

I liked it, but then I am a Steve Coogan fan. It was a bit short in the laughs department but I thought that Coogan was excellent and I liked the way that they developed his relationship with his girlfriend and teenage assistant. I think I'm correct in saying that a second series has not yet been given the go ahead. I'm not sure that more episodes would be a great idea - got the feeling that Saxondale was one of those 'one series' sitcoms.

i watched the first one and forgot/always missed to watch the rest from what i saw i didnt really like it

I thought it was really good, less joke or laugh orientated than his earlier stuff, but still very funny with a great central performance from Coogan.

Errr

My view on this is similar to the one I posted on Nathan Barley. I didn't find this amazingly funny, but was a strangely watchable comedy (although I am a Coogan fan).

Worth a second series in my book.

Definitely with Jay on this one. Not amazing, but not unwatchable shite either. It'll be interesting to see what would happen in a second series, but I'm doubtful as to whether there will be one.

Sorry to bump this up, but the start date for the 2nd series has been announced if anyone cares:

http://www.babycow.co.uk/flashmen.html

Thursday 23rd August at 9.30pm on BBC2.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 6, 2007, 1:54 PM

I for one am happy theres a second series, as I did enjoy the first. It wasnt amazingly funny, but it was enjoyable and I think theres a lot of scope for it to be developed and the laugh rate increased second time around.

Ditto.

That's good. The first series was variable, but the first episode was a cracker, although I've since gone off Ruth Jones in a big way - especially if Josh Dulaney on the Gavin & Stacey thread was her, which I think it was.

I felt the character had potential, and I liked his rants and the group therapy scenes. I definitely think it needs a second series to take off. Only have to look at series like Seinfeld which took off a few series in.

Morwenna was great in it though. Have I said that before?

I quite liked it although like most people i don't think it was outstanding.

I love the scene where he shoots the rat/squirrel or what ever from point blank range.

saw the trailer for the next series, it looks promising.

I liked it from the start, but as the series went on i thought the quality decreased. By the end, i didn't like it very much. I'll watch this second series though.

Quote: jacparov @ August 8, 2007, 8:11 PM

I quite liked it although like most people i don't think it was outstanding.

I love the scene where he shoots the rat/squirrel or what ever from point blank range.

Pigeon. (Only knew as I re-watch it last week)

OK at best, but of cause I’ll be watching the second series.