Strutter

Does anyone watch this show, starring Paul Kaye? I haven't got MTV, so I can't see it. So, anyway, is it any good? It looks funny.

I've seen bits. I thought it was pretty funny.

I shall "look into" it. :)

I think I saw some of this a while back.

It just seemed to be Paul Kaye talking in a variety of irritating accents. Hence it's relegated to MTV.

I think he started on MTV (maybe reviewing films or summut). He did appear on that Russell Brand Comedy Night thing a while back playing some Play Your Cards Right type game. I was the best thing on there IIRC.

'Mike Strutter' is basically Paul Kaye doing an impression of/copying the character Sean Penn played in the film 'Carlito's Way'. Eh?

With all of this talk of Paul Kaye, I may now have to watch Perfect World.

The clips of this show I've seen in the past just consisted of Kay swearing in character (I believe this show holds the dubious record for the most F-words in half-an-hour of British TV?)... I don't find swearing in itself that funny so haven't yet bothered to track down a full episode.

Quote: Aaron @ November 7 2008, 6:32 PM GMT

With all of this talk of Paul Kaye, I may now have to watch Perfect World.

What's that?

A sitcom Kaye did about advertising IIRC.

Superb 2000 sitcom.

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/world/

I absolutely love it. Supposedly being released in January. Very crude and very farcical.

See Amazon product listing

I get the feeling I saw it, but I don't remember anything about it.

Strutter was nothing special. Meanspirited and a bit nasty. Perfect World was nothing special either.

That, my friend, is where you are wrong.

I'll check out Strutter later tonight.

I may be wrong, but my recollection of Strutter is just a clips show - poking fun at various crap tv shows and videos - with Struuter providing linking segments and voiceovers.

And on Perfect World, it was nearly a very good sitcom. It just didn't quite gel. I wish it had. Although I did like the sleazy sex obsessed boss.